Inline FabricationStainLess Steel MediaADvertise hereMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Graf & SonsTitan Reloading

Page 475 of 475 FirstFirst ... 375425465466467468469470471472473474475
Results 9,481 to 9,488 of 9488

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Tony, I wouldn't spend that much for a used oven for coating. Around here the big appliance retailers including Lowes, Home Depot, Sears, (and many smaller) will haul away your old one when they deliver the new one, they take the old appliances to the junk yard. If you ask around, pad some workers palms, you probably will find someone who works in one of these places that would let you have one that may be ugly but still have a functioning convection oven on the cheap. Most folks replace a stove because it's dated, getting ugly or there is a problem with the logic board and would cost more to repair then it's worth, even if you had to replace the oven heating elements they don't cost that much. Unless you have a use for the top burners who cares? I wouldn't care if the logic board was bad, I'd run the oven off a PDI with new thermocouples anyways. You could also ask the junk yards to let you know when they get a load of stoves from these places, they are always looking to make a buck.

My plans are to eventually do the same thing, I plan on striping it down, remove the top section with the burners and lower pan storage drawer, cut the shell down to just contain the oven, add a bit extra insulation & sheet metal to enclose where needed and wire it to a PDI, I don't want it to take up anymore space in my shop then necessary. Just my thoughts.
    Be careful what you wish for!

I believe that is what Trev did, removed all the electronics and rewired it to keep it simple. I would do that except I haven't got the room for one!

Boolit Master
    Anyone have info on what to do and buy? Any videos or anything?I'll do this also buy need videos or something. Like part names and what not. How many lbs could I exspect to coatnot one time?

Boolit Master
    Could someone sent me the link to a PID tonrun my Manuel oven. Its 220 amp.

I'm assuming you meant 220 volts,
    Electric Range - 220 - 240 volt, 60 hertz, properly grounded circuit with 40 amp breaker or fuse protection with #8 gauge wire. With a 50 amp breaker, # 6 gauge wire is required.

HATCH a mod & VS here sells them, I believe OBII [really nice guy] and several other members sell them occasionally. Haven't seen OBII around for a while.

Boolit Master
    I've come across sporadic reports of HITEK in rifle bullets.
    I have used BHN 12-14 ( and even softer stuff !) with no leading &good accuracy in 7x57,9.3x62 and .404J-all at approx 18-1900 fps.
    Plan is to kick up the velocity to over 2000fps -Ive done 1940 fps with RCBS SIL 145gr 0.285 and 2 coats of Bronze 502 in the 7x57.2" group benched, no leading.
    A new tub of Texas Tea is enroute.
    Without going to BHN in the 30's how fast have people gone with standard, hunting hardness coated loads in rifles?
    TIA
    "...Some days its rocket science, and some days it just zinc..."

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyN View Post
    Does your oven seem to push a good amount of air? Con you hear the fan blowing when it's running?

My oven has a 6" fan in the back of it and I can hear it running and pushes air out of the top vent. My oven is what is called a built in so it doesn't have top burners.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    I'm assuming you meant 220 volts,
    Electric Range - 220 - 240 volt, 60 hertz, properly grounded circuit with 40 amp breaker or fuse protection with #8 gauge wire. With a 50 amp breaker, # 6 gauge wire is required.

HATCH a mod & VS here sells them, I believe OBII [really nice guy] and several other members sell them occasionally. Haven't seen OBII around for a while.
    Yes Sir.

Page 475 of 475 FirstFirst ... 375425465466467468469470471472473474475