StainLess Steel MediaRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationGraf & SonsLee Precision

Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 6000 USD, Received: 4840 USD (81%)
We have reached our goal! Thanks to all who donated! I will be updating the donation bar in the next few days!
Our Annual server fund drive is going on now! This donation drive helps fund Cast Boolits for an entire year, and helps support our 2nd amendment rights! You can donate by Paypal by clicking the DONATE button. Or by Cash / Check / MO to the address below:

Willy Snyder
PO Box 2732
Pocatello, ID 83206
****Due to overwhelming e-mails, I will be very slow in updating this list. Please bear with me!****

Page 525 of 525 FirstFirst ... 25425475515516517518519520521522523524525
Results 10,481 to 10,486 of 10486

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Quote Originally Posted by Petander View Post
    Sometimes I see people writing about how coating with Hi-Tek takes a long time.

I just double coated a batch of bullets and made these at the same time. Took about an hour - I also had a beer and a cigar and a good time.

Attachment 225888

Some people spend that time for a beer and a cigar only.
    Sounds like a good time spent, I really miss my cigars, I smoked cigs too, but I took up vaping six years ago and it's worked, I can vape guilty free and even enjoy it! But no more cigars or smoking after going through a round with throat cancer. Fortunately it was on a vocal cord that caused a raspy voice and prompted me to see my doc who caught early, doc said if it had been elsewhere in my throat it was likely it wouldn't have been noticed until much bigger, higher risk of killing it. They were able to kill it with radiation, wasn't fun, burned the living hell out of the inside and outside of my throat but far better then the alternative. Four years behind me on that, one more to go then they tell me I'll be fully clear of risk of it returning, IF I don't smoke again!

Don't mean to be a downer, just makes me cringe when I see people smoke, that was me and I said it would never happen to me... I rather you resent me then not say anything in hopes that I might help just one person. Now I'm out of here before it gets any more uncomfortable, no need to reply, back to coating boolits.
    Be careful what you wish for!

Boolit Master
    Smoking is stupid but it can be fun... cigar is a bit different, I only smoke in summer these days. The same with beer. Cold,sober winters which I like a lot as well.

I've had long breaks on both for a long time, last time three years no cigar and I got a heart attack. So I thought well, I better smoke an occasional cigar while I'm still alive.

No downer intended.

EDIT: I really like brass molds these days, very easy to keep them in the good temp range with my not-very-hot , tin-rich alloy.
    Last edited by Petander; Today at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    You have to actually shoot the gun to get lead in it
    Don't worry about life, no-one gets out alive.

Boolit Master
    I'd go insane if i didn't get a shot away at least a few times a month.

Not that anyone would notice me going insane, most think i'm already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazza View Post
    I'd go insane if i didn't get a shot away at least a few times a month.

Not that anyone would notice me going insane, most think i'm already there.
    LoL, your not alone in that club my friend. I've always had one foot in the "you've never grown up" club to now the other foot in the "your loosing it" club, and that's right from the wife's mouth. I remind her how I told her the day we married her life would never get boring with me around. Be careful what you wish for dear!

(ETA: Note my avatar and sig line?)
    Be careful what you wish for!

Boolit Master
    hahaha i like that one.

When i tell my wife she is weird, she make sure to inform me that i knew what i was in for.... Sadly this is true, and i met her parents, so it's my own fault. Yet i make sure to add my own weirdness to the mix, she rolls her eyes and walks off.

I like the avatar, so very true.

Page 525 of 525 FirstFirst ... 25425475515516517518519520521522523524525