RepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dikman View Post
    That's good to know, but which ones are more accurate?
    The ones that hit where you aim. Regards Stephen

1035 Gold is more accurate and faster

How is COVID 19 in Australia?
    While I work at it, it is by God's grace that it happens. So it is best I ask him what, how and when before I start..

Boolit Master
    Ha... people are loosing their minds. Panic buying toilet paper of all things.
    These clowns don't realize that I have guns and ammo....I will take their paper If I need some......by force at the end of a gun is needed...

It seems the Corona virus is only effecting the stupid, politically correct, semi-famous and snowflakes. the rest of us are fine.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger442 View Post
    1035 Gold is more accurate and faster

How is COVID 19 in Australia?
    Green is good,too. This actually has 75% gold.

About Covid 19:

I'm all set for a Walking Dead -scenario, I can cast and reload in the woods.

I see you have your guard cat/attack cat close by!
    Yeah, it's been crazy here. I went to the doctor yesterday for my 3-monthly checkup/scripts and the first thing she said when I walked in the door was "what do you think of all the toilet paper buying?". She can't understand the stupidity of people. Me, I think it's time to stockpile primers, not paper!

Boolit Master
    Hell yeah,the toilet paper hysteria is here,too. Unbelievable.

My understanding is it doesn’t give you diarrhea. So why toilet paper? Our state is one of the few that has not had a case diagnosed. But the toilet paper binge buy is on here. I say three months and it’s all over with here. China and Korea are already seeing a decline in the number of new cases.
    While I work at it, it is by God's grace that it happens. So it is best I ask him what, how and when before I start..

Boolit Master
    I don't get the TP thing either.

Went to a local chain grocery market to buy some dairy products and found paper towels, hand sanitizer and a lot of food items like bread and cereal sold out. The line to the registers literally snaked all around the interior of the store. The staff that they have been crazy busy for over a week. Local news reports the same all over the greater Bay Area.

There is also increased buying of firearms. Reports are that purchases of firearms and ammo have tripled. This includes a lot of first time buyers who apparently commented to the FFL that they "don't like guns, but, just in case...".

Boolit Buddy
    It's pretty simple. People are concerned about having to quarantine for weeks and are concerned they may not have enough, so they're rushing out to get enough for several months. They're not buying food for months, just toilet paper. That's the weird part.

I'm not what I would call a prepper but think it is common since to have the ability to take care of yourself and immediate family if we have a disaster. We are prepared for probably a year without utilities and shutdown of our ability to buy things in stores. We would not live as we do now but disasters will always cause some amount of change in our daily lives for certain lengths of time.

But I will have to admit we do not have a years worth of toilet paper. Guess, if it happens, we are back to what my Grandfather had in his out house news paper (probably all they are good for anyway). Wife is going to be really upset. She has gotten accustomed to her Northern toilet paper.
    Last edited by Avenger442; 03-13-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Boolit Master
    When we were kids, we used Dok leaves.
    Dok plants grew almost everywhere/ they have wide flat leaves and perfect for wiping your butt.
    But..... they also grow right next to Scotch thistles... so you had to be careful where you shat....lol
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Petander View Post
    Hell yeah,the toilet paper hysteria is here,too. Unbelievable.
    From what I was told this morning is the tubes for the toilet paper and paper towels all come from China. The people I talked to said they were expecting a 2-4 month delay for product with all the quarantines and embargos.

Boolit Master
    People are going mad up here too....

I get the idea that people think if they are locked up for 2 weeks they may not have enough poo paper, but come on, who craps that much to need to buy a trolley full? a 6 pack generally lasts 2 of us about a month..... who needs 100 rolls for 2 weeks??? if they need that much, they need get checked by a bum doctor.

Quilted Northern, Angle Soft, and a couple of other brands of toilet paper are manufactured by Georgia Pacific. Their home base is in Atlanta Georgia. That is about an hour and a half from my hometown. When I was in Jr. High School they gave tours of one of their plants. I believe that all paper tubes for toilet and paper towels are made in house.

We don't really have a shortage at the manufacturer level. It's just some people don't have common sense or are trying to make a buck on the resale. My wife was telling me about someone buying several cases of hand sanitizer at about $3 a bottle and reselling it on Amazon for $80 a bottle. That, by law, is considered price gouging here so Amazon was forced to shut him down. Now he is stuck with several cases of hand sanitizer. Or selling it at a much reduced price. That story was off of Facebook which is not necessarily known as the purveyor of fact and truth but more like a gossip site. There are some interesting lies told there. By the way, just plain iso alcohol does the same thing as far as function as hand sanitizer. If you need the hand softening just add some aloe or coconut oil or some other skin softener.

Back to casting and coating. The bullets I coat for my 45-70 are .459 diameter. Last ones were coated with the Black Hi Tek. Which I can recommend as working as it should. No lead in the barrel and two to three inch groups at 100 yards out of the Marlin. But has anyone cast a .457 bullet for their 45-70? A guy was advertising a .457 mold on Ebay as 45-70. Is that diameter for another round other than 45-70?
    Last edited by Avenger442; 03-15-2020 at 09:46 AM.

Boolit Master
    Avenger442, I don't own a 45/70 but I do cast for a few who do own them and all say that my .460 sized cast in several weights are more accurate than those sized at 458, so I would say that the .457 diameter may well not give best accuracy. My moulds used to cast at .457 and .458 so I gave them an extra coat of Hi-Tek to bring them up to .459 and they shot much better so I lapped out the moulds to drop at .460 which is the sweet spot for my 458 wm and those guys who have the 45/70. It is not hard to lap a mould or just give cast another coat. Regards Stephen

Thanks Stephen.
    I have two molds for the 45-70. Both cast at .459. I have put alu. duct tape in joints and added another bit to diameter. And I think you are correct in saying .460 shoots better.

Boolit Buddy
    Here in the deep south we don't need no stinking new fashion toilet paper. We just use corn cobs or Sears catalogs if there are any left.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by wlkjr View Post
    Here in the deep south we don't need no stinking new fashion toilet paper. We just use corn cobs or Sears catalogs if there are any left.
    I can remember (Am I showing my age here)?, here people having to use old Newspapers, cut into strips, and hung in toilet on a string. There was fancy toilet Paper, as it was much too expensive for working class. People are so market influenced/affected now, that they cannot even think about any thing else.
    The only benefit with modern toilet paper is, that it is made mostly from recycled stuff, and,.... where it came from is not disclosed.
    It is probably better not to know where it came from.

Boolit Master
    Interesting times we all are living in now.

Finland got practically closed yesterday,our strategy is to try to slow it down. I already practically quarantined wife & myself a week ago. It's hard to learn new routines,how not to touch anything,how to use gloves,shoes etc for proper protection,all that... Get mail or a shopping bag,can't touch it the same day...

A big nerve test for the Whole World,this is. Stay safe out there,everyone.

Finally finished two custom carbide sizing dies, one for 9mm/38 super and another for 38/357 , Just need to make the bodies to house them... Next, As soon as lee deliver my Automatic Processing Press, I'm going to make a Automation kit for bullet sizing and case sizing/decapping.. Mostly because I'm lazy... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carbide die-2 (1).jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	258760

Page 662 of 742 FirstFirst ... 162562612652653654655656657658659660661662663664665666667668669670671672712 ... LastLast