MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Boolit Master
    Look Ma,Zombie Slugs:

Attachment 235254

These are 12 gauge fullbore slugs,coating makes life so much better.

Banned
    I agree with you, Joe Since I started coating I noticed;

#1 problem with HiTek failure coating, not 100% dry before baking
    #2 ovens not reaching 200/400° due to dial setting being off (this is true with Powder coating also)
    #3 people swirl the boolits to long
    #4 people just refuse to follow the instructions

Well I'm back to not being able to post photos from my computer again. And no I'm not going to store off site. I know it is a solution.

For what it is worth, I was going to post examples of smash test failure; pass with a little dusting and pass. Also rub test failure; pass with a little color on the cloth and pass. If you want them give me an email to send them to. All but the rub test failure and the smash test failure will shoot well.
    While I work at it, it is by God's grace that it happens. So it is best I ask him what, how and when before I start..

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger442 View Post
    Well I'm back to not being able to post photos from my computer again. And no I'm not going to store off site. I know it is a solution.
    Is your onboard storage full? I keep deleting old pics (using profile control panel) to be able to post new. Deleting pics makes posts sort of meaningless but well...

It was still showing me in the green. But I went ahead and deleted a couple of pages of images anyway. Will try later to post photos.
    While I work at it, it is by God's grace that it happens. So it is best I ask him what, how and when before I start..

Banned
    (I don't know for sure) IF you can pay for more storage usage on CB.

Dumb question, (I often have brain farts) -- did you downsize the pictures to 200k or smaller?

Boolit Master
    imgur is Sooooooooooooooooo easy....and the pictures are full size...
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    So pretty!

Boolit Master
    So accurate!!
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    Not if i was shooting it i know my guns shoot far better than i can. I need to find more trigger time, that's for sure

Boolit Buddy
    I disliked the long dust cover and bull bbl on mine. Trimmed the dust cover, lightened the slide with a BHP cut, tri-topped the slide and lightened it internally. Replaced the bull barrel with a bushing barrel.
    This was done before STI started offering the Marauder.

Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post
    (I don't know for sure) IF you can pay for more storage usage on CB.

Dumb question, (I often have brain farts) -- did you downsize the pictures to 200k or smaller?
    That is something I haven't tried. Most of my photos are taken with my phone. I'm not even sure what the count is on those photos.
    How do you reduce the photo after it is taken?

Banned
    442, I don't know what platform your photos are on.
    Try googling resizing photos on your platform.

I use IMGUR to post pictures you can select what size you want the pictures to be stored on IMGUR or you can re-size them on imgur.

on windows 10 I have a program called PaperPort I use.

I'm sure there are a ton of free apps you can download.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Performance Bullet Coatings View Post
    I disliked the long dust cover and bull bbl on mine. Trimmed the dust cover, lightened the slide with a BHP cut, tri-topped the slide and lightened it internally. Replaced the bull barrel with a bushing barrel.
    This was done before STI started offering the Marauder.

Did you find the lightning helped much? I have a 2011 executive, it has a bull barrel, quite heavy but it does pretty well with controlling recoil. I find a mad mates glock bounces around a fair bit, i suspect because it's lighter. I can see it cycling faster with the lighter slide though.

Boolit Master
    I'm partial to the BHP cut on the slide. Thinking of getting it done to a Para GI Expert Stainless in 45ACP. already had the slide flat topped.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Buddy
    Tazza,
    My 2011 is in 9mm and in it's stock form I found it to feel very clunky while shooting it. I prefer a lighter pistol as it swings faster and stops faster on target, What goes back, must go forward and a lighter slide helps in reducing muzzle dip. At least that's what I keep telling myself. Glocks, particularly in .40 cal are very snappy recoil wise.

Trevor, BHP cuts are especially nice looking on a slide that has standard rear serrations and the BHP cut could be made more vertical. I had to work with the slanted serrations on both ends of slide.

Boolit Master
    I totally agree, lighter means you can move and stop faster on target. I never thought about the slide forward movement, i only thought about the recoil pulling the muzzle upwards, but it makes complete sense.

I must have been lucky with mine, i got it second hand and the guy i bought it off got a fair bit of work done, it was smooth as silk, apart from the fact he installed a stupidly light recoil spring, so much so that on a full 10 round mag, it would not always strip a round off. Factory spring and non girly loads fixed that issue.

Boolit Master
    I removed the STI recoil master from mine and fitted a Victor Precision stainless toolless guiderod with a variable wolff 9lb spring. super sweet. Thinking of getting VP to do a matt finish hardchrome on the gun.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    The tool-less guide rod is awesome, i have one in mine.

The hard chrome will be a great addition. Good way to take up any wear that it may have too.

Boolit Master
    No wear in it. The original owner only put 1000 rounds through it. I got it for a song, and would have put the same through it.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Page 559 of 742 FirstFirst ... 59459509549550551552553554555556557558559560561562563564565566567568569609659 ... LastLast