MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tazza View Post
    hehehe

Don't think of it as being tight, i figure the more money i can save, that means more money there is left over to shoot with. Well, what's left after the wife raids my wallet.....
    My wife happened to read this and said "it sounds like your wife is like her husband".

Like ioon44 I like the dish soap bottles with the snap on lids. they don't let the acetone evaporate. I've got some with year old mix in them that I'm still using. Used the restaurant ketchup bottles from Wal Mart for a while. But they were not tight enough and the acetone evaporated.

By the way, she loved that photo of the animal and wanted to know what it was.
    While I work at it, it is by God's grace that it happens. So it is best I ask him what, how and when before I start..

I'm with Tazza on the drink bottles, but I get two lids, one to seal the bottle between uses, and the other with a hole drilled in it, which is sized correctly to take a piece of 4mm retic tube which goes all the way to the bottom of the bottle and has a slight slope on the bottom. The top of the tube extends about 2 - 3 cm above the cap. Then I just insert a syringe into the tube and suck up 5 ml at a time to do each batch of bullets. Between batches, the syringe acts as a stopper for the tube.
    Hard work made me what I am today,
    Broken and broke
    Bob

Completely off the subject. We had a group of police officers execute a search warrant in another county. Subject was not at home but when they entered the residence they found meth, money, some firearms and an attack squirrel. It seems that the subject of the warrant had been keeping the squirrel in his house and feeding it meth to keep it aggressive.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	squirrel-400x200.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	243809
    Somehow that doesn't seem to scare me.
    While I work at it, it is by God's grace that it happens. So it is best I ask him what, how and when before I start..

Boolit Master
    Squirrels look far too cute, but from what i have seen, they are just a nuisance.

We have possums that can be quite friendly and cute, but they eat everything in sight. If they get in your shed/shop they have no issues piddling and pooping on anything. My parents had one in their house, he/she had a spot in the wall that it took up residence in, at night it would chew on the timber to make the hole bigger, it had very limited success.

Boolit Buddy
    In NZ possums aren't protected, so they get "dealt to" in any manner possible. So it was a shock to me when I found a possum in my shed over here and found out I cant get rid of it :/

Boolit Master
    Like most things in OZ, our possums are about 4 times larger than the possums in the USA. And they are mean!!!
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatch View Post
    In NZ possums aren't protected, so they get "dealt to" in any manner possible. So it was a shock to me when I found a possum in my shed over here and found out I cant get rid of it :/
    I figure what people don't see won't hurt me. I have had possums that i have relocated, they have been caught and moved to another location, so they weren't knocked on the head. The thing is, you need to take it more than a street or two away or else they will find their bay back. We have done this with goannas and scrub turkeys before

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    Like most things in OZ, our possums are about 4 times larger than the possums in the USA. And they are mean!!!
    The O possums they have look real mean, all those teeth....

There are two types of possums where I live. The white haired ones are not very aggressive. They will pretend to be dead sometimes. The ones with black tipped hair are not that way.

When I was about twelve a buddy and I slipped out of our houses after midnight one summer night and went wandering around. We had just crossed a little creek about ten miles from my house when he spotted a possum coming down the ditch. He decided he was going to throw his jacket over it and catch it. I tried to tell him what my father had told me many times, leave the black ones alone. He didn't listen. It shredded his jacket and almost got him in the process.

Ausglock
    How is the testing on the blues and other colors coming? Same no lead and performance?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger442 View Post
    There are two types of possums where I live. The white haired ones are not very aggressive. They will pretend to be dead sometimes. The ones with black tipped hair are not that way.

When I was about twelve a buddy and I slipped out of our houses after midnight one summer night and went wandering around. We had just crossed a little creek about ten miles from my house when he spotted a possum coming down the ditch. He decided he was going to throw his jacket over it and catch it. I tried to tell him what my father had told me many times, leave the black ones alone. He didn't listen. It shredded his jacket and almost got him in the process.

Ausglock
    How is the testing on the blues and other colors coming? Same no lead and performance?
    Wow, our possums are not aggressive, the only time they will have a go at you is if you corner them. Any other time, they go in the opposite direction

Boolit Master
    There is a working blue. It is very touchy as to temperature.
    At 200 Deg C 7.5mins, it will start to go turquoise, but at 190 Deg C 7.5mins, it will stay blue.
    More tweaked samples are due this week for further testing, So I will be busy with these.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Thanks for the update.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazza View Post
    I figure what people don't see won't hurt me. I have had possums that i have relocated, they have been caught and moved to another location, so they weren't knocked on the head. The thing is, you need to take it more than a street or two away or else they will find their bay back. We have done this with goannas and scrub turkeys before
    I have been know to relocate a couple of scrub turkeys myself over the years, I like them next to the baked potatoes myself. I used to shoot the odd goanna in the fowl coop as a kid but like to see them around now. Regards Stephen

Boolit Master
    The Good blues...

Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Cohen View Post
    I have been know to relocate a couple of scrub turkeys myself over the years, I like them next to the baked potatoes myself. I used to shoot the odd goanna in the fowl coop as a kid but like to see them around now. Regards Stephen
    I have considered doing that with the turkeys, my wife would freak out

We don't have issues with goannas now, ll he chooks have since died off, before the goannas would go after eggs and some times the chooks, so they were thrown in a container and driven to a new home.

Ausglock - they are looking good!

Boolit Master
    +1 on those Bullets Trevor they do look good. Regards Stephen

This color is one of the two that I've been looking for in the Hi Tek.

Boolit Master
    It's still a bit dark.
    Hopefully some of the tweaking Joe is doing will lighten the colour up a bit.

The new additive may even work to give a pink and purple...will wait and see how it goes.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    I know someone that would love pink or purple......

I don't know how Joe hasn't gone completely mad from developing these colours, he has mentioned the issues he has had. What new colours can we request to test his grey matter?

Page 594 of 742 FirstFirst ... 94494544584585586587588589590591592593594595596597598599600601602603604644694 ... LastLast