RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Boolit Master
    Every one is a comedian this morning. Regards Stephen

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin460 View Post
    On the occasions you actually hit something Tazza... just sayin..
    Now that's just plain mean.... I'm not saying it's not true, but mean all the same.

What would we do if we couldn't poke each other with the sharp stick every now and then and still be friends. You guys are sumthin (southern US speech).
    While I work at it, it is by God's grace that it happens. So it is best I ask him what, how and when before I start..

Boolit Master
    As they say"if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen".....
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    As one gets older you realise there are very few misunderstandings that can't be sorted out with a smile a joke or handshake. Regards Stephen

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Cohen View Post
    As one gets older you realise there are very few misunderstandings that can't be sorted out with a smile a joke or handshake. Regards Stephen
    Or with a punch.

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13962652_760908127383902_8609419386113600279_n.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	257517
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    You guys are incorrigible, but bloody funny. Regards Stephen

Boolit Buddy
    Ok, back on subject. It’s picture time.

Candy Apple Red, Kryptonite Green and TruBlu.

Love this stuff!

Happy coating!
    Last edited by RydForLyf; 03-03-2020 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RydForLyf View Post
    Ok, back on subject. It’s picture time.

Candy Apple Red, Kryptonite Green and TruBlu.

Love this stuff!

Attachment 257676

Happy coating!
    Look good to me.
    While I work at it, it is by God's grace that it happens. So it is best I ask him what, how and when before I start..

Boolit Master
    Five days and nobody has posted anything. I don't know what is going on. If this continues the thread will be deleted from inactivity. Seems to me that everybody has taken their marbles and gone to different sides of the playground. I came here to learn and maybe help. When I first started with the hi-tek it was a challenge but over time with trial and error and the help of a lot of people I finally got the hang of it. I realize that sometimes tempers can flair and words are spoken that hurt feelings. It happens to all of us. If whatever the problem is can't be resolved then that may be the end of hi-tek in the U.S. That is going to leave a lot of people up the creek without a paddle. One of the main problems is the beginners. They all live in different parts of the world with different climates and different ovens. This is not bragging but I have come up with five tips that will almost insure success on the first time. One of them has already been posted on the thread. Why should I post the others if this is the way it is going to be from here on out. Vaya Con Dios Amigos
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Boolit Master
    I figure, if an idiot like me can get it to work every time, anyone can!

It's really not rocket science, follow the instructions and it will work every time.

The only "issue" i had was mixed hi-tek that hadn't been used for a month or two would settle out of solution. Even shaking it up would not allow the clump to re-mix. Joe advised me that it's normal and i should try and only mix up enough to do each batch (plus a little extra to be sure)

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by slide View Post
    Five days and nobody has posted anything. I don't know what is going on. If this continues the thread will be deleted from inactivity. Seems to me that everybody has taken their marbles and gone to different sides of the playground. I came here to learn and maybe help. When I first started with the hi-tek it was a challenge but over time with trial and error and the help of a lot of people I finally got the hang of it. I realize that sometimes tempers can flair and words are spoken that hurt feelings. It happens to all of us. If whatever the problem is can't be resolved then that may be the end of hi-tek in the U.S. That is going to leave a lot of people up the creek without a paddle. One of the main problems is the beginners. They all live in different parts of the world with different climates and different ovens. This is not bragging but I have come up with five tips that will almost insure success on the first time. One of them has already been posted on the thread. Why should I post the others if this is the way it is going to be from here on out. Vaya Con Dios Amigos
    Slide,

I was missing the regular posting too. Until I found HI-TEK, I hadn’t been doing much on the site, but since then, have been spending lots of time here.

Right now, I’m trying to find my favorite load for 9mm HI-TEK bullets. I just got in a bunch of different powders today, so I’ll be pretty busy working on that for awhile.

If it will ever stop raining here in Georgia, I’ll be able to get out and shoot. Right now, I’m setting up the chrono under the deck to keep everything dry. Sure gets loud shooting under there.

Right now, I’ve got about 50 pounds of coated rounds and my latest ones sure look nicer than my earlier ones.

My biggest tip for a beginner, use a smaller container. The solution stays wet longer and there’s less chance of shaking too long and get rough bullets. I started with a 3 gallon paint bucket and they dried too fast when shaking. I now use a 3lb nut jar from Costco and my bullets are much slicker and shinier.

Thanks again for the TruBlu bullets. Maybe we rode that horse into the ground and are just taking a break to recharge.

Boolit Master
    Slide....mate... stop ya sookin and start casting.
    Universal is made in OZ by ADI and sold here as AP-70.
    brilliant 9mm powder.
    I run 3.8gn with a 135 RN for about 130 power factor.
    Autocomp and HS6 (Win 540) are reserved for major loads in 38 Supercomp for the open gun.

WSF is good with heavy bullets in 9mm
    Never heard of Win 244, haven't seem CFE or Accurate down here.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    You say universal is AP70, wonder what they are gonna do when that runs out, as they decided to can 30,50,70 and 100 for the new stuff....

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    Slide....mate... stop ya sookin and start casting.
    Universal is made in OZ by ADI and sold here as AP-70.
    brilliant 9mm powder.
    I run 3.8gn with a 135 RN for about 130 power factor.
    Autocomp and HS6 (Win 540) are reserved for major loads in 38 Supercomp for the open gun.

WSF is good with heavy bullets in 9mm
    Never heard of Win 244, haven't seem CFE or Accurate down here.
    I’ll give that Universal recipe a run.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tazza View Post
    I figure, if an idiot like me can get it to work every time, anyone can!

It's really not rocket science, follow the instructions and it will work every time.

The only "issue" i had was mixed hi-tek that hadn't been used for a month or two would settle out of solution. Even shaking it up would not allow the clump to re-mix. Joe advised me that it's normal and i should try and only mix up enough to do each batch (plus a little extra to be sure)
    Tazza,
    The pre-mixed stuff should be usable for more than a day or so.
    What is advisable is, that if you make a batch that you wont use within a few days, simply keep in a tightly sealed container, out of sunlight and as cool as possible.
    As you know, we have had a severe hot weather, so I was not surprised that the pre-mixed material started to go off.
    Ausglock told me, that he has used mixtures up to a month or even more, but he keeps his excess mixtures in a fridge. It should be OK to use after that time being stored in a fridge.
    I don't recommend coating mixtures to be stored in a fridge used for food preservation.
    If people don't have extra fridge in a garage/workshop, as you said, making up quantities to use up in short period may be best solution.

Boolit Master
    You are right, we have had a lot of hot, humid weather. It doesn't go off in a few days, it's in the order of weeks for me.

I store mine in diggers acetone bottles out of sunlight in the shed that is insulated, and as cool as possible short of living in the fridge.

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=slide;4843350]Five days and nobody has posted anything. I don't know what is going on. If this continues the thread that may be the end of hi-tek in the U.S.

Slide,
    May be, people have nothing to post.
    It has happened before, where for periods, no posts were made.
    With supply to US, this will continue as it is not affected by blog matters.

Boolit Master
    When I do a mix, I normally mix 3 to 4 containers of coating. Each 300mls. They will live in the fridge (that also contains Coke, Orange juice, Zooper Doopers and Apple juice) for up to 6 months. When I need one, I just take it out, shake it and start using it. even when still cold, direct from the fridge. Never been an issue. sure, the contents settle out, but never clump or lumpy.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Page 658 of 742 FirstFirst ... 158558608648649650651652653654655656657658659660661662663664665666667668708 ... LastLast