MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: Quigley Shoot Complaint Department

Boolit Master

Quigley Shoot Complaint Department

I walked up the hill to the Complaint Department to suggest to Buz and Al that those targets they set out there that move around when I try to shoot at them should be replaced. Darned if I didn't forget my pencil and paper!

Attachment 74067

Terrific view from up there of the encampment, the firing line and the targets. Practice was going on all week and up there at the Complaint Dep't. the steady, rolling barrage of glorious gunfire and the *Bingg!* *CLANG!* *ding/DONGG!!* noise of targets occasionally being hit could be enjoyed to their fullest. The weather this year was just about perfect. I had a great time! My score, of course, is confidential information

Attachment 74069 Attachment 74068

Nice pics!!!

I was there too...so did you come by my leather booth and introduce yourself?? I sure met a lot of folks that I had known from all the forums...lol

I was very pleased with my score....I didn't leave with a fancy new plaque...but it sure was fun!!!

I do have one request for next year.......We all need to get together and have a Volley Fire!!!

Can you imagine 570 Black Powder Buffalo guns all fireing at the sound of the airhorn?!!
    Last edited by freedom475; 06-20-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Boolit Master
    That opening volley is a great idea. Particularly when so many people want to do a fouling shot before the match starts anyway.

I went through the Commercial Row a bunch of times; must have seen you. Were you the guy with the 5 round ammo holders and the camera holders?

I was the guy with all the leather accessories and the saddles.

Boolit Master
    We did stop by at your saddle emporium. Very nice workmanship. My friend talked to you, I think; he's the one who rides horses.

My only regret about the Quigley was that I didn't bring twice the ammunition I did. Lots of time before and after the match for "fun shooting," but I had only brought enough extra to get sight settings. 120 rounds should do for the week, I would think.

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    I've found it's not a bad plan to have 50 rounds per day, per gun. +the 48 for the match.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

I think Don is spot-on, about 50 per day...I took 200 rounds and figure that to be just about right...I got there Wednesday and had to run my booth so I didn't get to do much shooting. I went out a little each day and got some settings. I did some serious practice Friday and had to curb shooting or I was going to run out of ammo for the match...lol

I know there was one guy that brought 900rounds and then he had to go to his trailer and reload 150 more so he could keep shooting and have enough for the match...LOL

I think Leadpot said on Thursday he had already fired 400 rounds, but I think they got started on Sunday or Monday.

Well don't just leave us hanging by a grain of powder! tellus more about the experiance out there. remember some of us folks couldn't go.
    CD

Boolit Buddy
    sounds like a ton of fun! one of these days...

-matt

Boolit Master

Bring not less than 600!! There will always be a "bad day" in the week and Fri can be a zoo with all the late arrivals getting settings. I can easily shoot a 100/day. Try to get settings for morning/noon/afternoon light changes. Forget the wind. It'll change 20X before the match!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gussy View Post
    Forget the wind. It'll change 20X before the match!!
    I think it changed that many times when it was my turn on the line just during the 2 targets on Sunday morning..

Boolit Mold
    I was there too. brought only 100 rounds had to reload one night so I could keep shooting!!! first time up there, didn't do so bad was in the top one third, next year I'll bring 200 rounds and still bring my reloading stuff just in case. It would help if you vendors would have poster out that had your blog name and form their on so we can interduce ourself's. Don I didn't know you were there until your name was called for a prize! then it was too late to get to you, and have a chat.
    Gerald C

Dang Gerald I didn't know you were there until I was looking at the scores.. Not sure if we're going to Alliance in August or not, if it's going to be nasty hot, we're going to the high country and do some fishing. Sure wish I'ld of know you were at the Q , we could of got some long awaited visiting in.

Boolit Mold
    Don, I don't know if I will make Alliance also, We'll be coming back from Alaska doing a little fishing and carbou hunting taking my 38-50 with me it's the same one I shot the Q with. I'm using old E 1 1/2 and duplexing using 8208 I get 1445 and bug hole at a 100. I used straight smokeless at the Q. ( 8208 ) running 1480.
    Gerald C

Well drop us off a package of caribou chops on your way home