WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Vortex Optics Corp Rocks

Boolit Master

Vortex Optics Corp Rocks

I recently bought a pair of Vortex Kaibab 15X56 binoculars. I already have a pair of 10X42 Leupold binos but I wanted an upgrade after looking through others optics during my desert bighorn sheep hunt in 2011. I am not a weathy man but I do go to work everyday. I wanted the most bang for my buck. Most European made optics are out of my price range regardless of quality. If you have done much optics shopping you already know that the price range between Leupold and EU doesn't offer a whole lot.

I picked up the Kaibabs at Sportmans Warehouse in Reno. The saleman was nice enough to let me take a couple different binoculars outside so that I could make a good comparison. I paid just under $1300 all in.

I was returning from a weekend in Ely about a month ago and took a turn north on 3 Bars Road and just stopped to have a look with my new glasses. Nature called and when I finished I got back in the car and headed back to Hwy 50. Going about 70 miles an hour west on 50 I heard a clunk and looking in my mirror saw my new binos bouncing off of the pavement in pieces. I had left them on the roof of my car when I drove off. My heart sank to the pit of my stomach as I realized what I had done and I gathered up the 3 major pieces that were once my new binoculars.

Back home I got the box out that they came in and low and behold a statement of "Unconditional Lifetime Repair Warrantee" was inside. My hopes came up a bit until I could not find a receipt. I sent Vortex an email and "Stephanie Lang" replied that if I would box up the pieces and send them back to her she would handle it herself. No receipt needed. I got a brand new pair of binoculars this week in the mail. Someone in this great nation of ours still knows the value of customer service going the extra mile. They have a customer and spokesman for life in me. For this warrantee alone it is worth considering the companies products on anyones next optics purchase. But in addition they provide a class product in a price range that is beneficial to a wide segment of the buying public. Ammohead says so!

Boolit Master

Glad to hear it, and I bet you won't do it again!

Brandon
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Love Life
    Vortex stands behind their products.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
    Glad to hear it, and I bet you won't do it again!

Brandon
    One should never underestimate the human proclivity toward being extremely stupid about some things while seeming quite astute at others.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ammohead View Post
    One should never underestimate the human proclivity toward being extremely stupid about some things while seeming quite astute at others.
    Yup, locked my keys in the car more than once.......that's all Ill admit to today!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

When I worked for Cellular industry - we had a guy who was an annual replacement - once a year he'd leave his Motorola Brick on the roof of his rig and drive off and it would be buried by the asphalt crew he worked with - one year someone else had a cell phone and called his number and they could hear it ringing - so they got a shovel and dug it out - warp plastic's - couldn't get the battery off of it - but it still worked. We actually bought the phone from him and put it in the lobby and would charge it periodically and demo how tough Motorola phones were.

I like your report and will move Vortex up on my list of optic's to look at next time I buy one.

Boolit Master

I heard about this woman leaving her purse on top of her car after filling with gas and drove off.A person that saw this happen tried to catch her but after stopping to pick her purse up he lost her but found her address in the purse so he could return it but when he tried to return it the woman turned hm in to the law for stealing it even though there were no items or money missing sh had him arrested and caused a lot of trouble for him for a while.

Vortex = good to great products with a great price and the best warranty.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Bought a vortex sparc a while back, really like it. Comes with a decent mount, but you can get a LaRue to co witness with it.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984