Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hospital Again

Boolit Grand Master
    That NV Curmudgeon is one hell of a fine friend, no two ways about it. "All the best" from Marie, the kids, and I down south in Baja Lone Pine.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master
    Bruce
    Prayers go out to you
    I know what you are going through I went through this with my Father
    prayers from our family
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Bruce, I hope your recovery is going well. You have been a fountain of information and shown yourself to be a fine man.

Catshooter is 100% correct about the only things in life that truly matter, are our family and friends.

Prayer's going up.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery from Gail and I!
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Get well Bruce, Really enjoyed reading your post's.
    Last edited by Gator 45/70; 06-15-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Boolit Master

Bruce--You changed the way I cast bullets and I have learned much and enjoyed your many posts. I hope your surgery goes well so you can get back to your shooting and casting.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master
    Damn hope you well. I have minor surgeries here and there but nothing major to keep me out. 2 weeks of bed rest was enough to drive me mad

Bruce,
    You have taught me a lot about casting and a lot about being a gentleman through your posts. I will be praying for you and all concerned.

A friend you have never met.
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Master at heavens range
    Prayers on this end also.

Banned

Praying for you in your trials. Your stated plan of adapting to your situation as best as possible is a wise one. God Bless you and your family.

Boolit Grand Master

Would like to add my thoughts and prayers. Hope you get back on your feet and in your shop soon. Reading and writing about cast boolits is fun but not nearly as much fun as puttering around the shop and making a nice pile of shiny boolits.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Bruce
    Prayers go out to you Sir, I hope your recovery is swift and sound.
    Your a good man and I/we miss your insight and what you offer us all.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Master
    You've been in my thoughts this morning Bruce. Hope all goes (went) smoothly.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

I've been thinking about you today. By now your surgery is probably over and your on a good road to recovery. I think I speak for us all when I say we're praying for you and hope you get back up to speed real quick.
    ~Andrea

Boolit Grand Master
    Like 2HighSpeed, my thoughts were on Bruce and his condition today. I'm hoping for a successful outcome, rapid recovery, and a full return to hobby activities ASAP.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

On Heaven's Range

Many thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

We left for Elko at 0300 Monday morning, and I was on the operating table at 0800.

My Doctor seems quite content with the results, and I actually got a look at the site Tuesday a.m.

My remaining foot (once a size-twelve) now measures 8.4" long with the removal of the gangrenous toes. The job is neatly done, so I hope it will heal correctly in the next few weeks.

Fortunately, right now I can use the heel for occasional load-bearing tasks even though it's painful. Getting into or out of the wheelchair and similar evolutions are much easier with one so-so foot.

I'll see the Doctor again next week in Elko for routine checks.

This stuff is no fun.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Moderator Emeritus

I'm happy to hear you made it through the surgery and are back with us Bruce. I'm wishing you a speedy and full recovery.
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Glad to hear the good news. My prayers are for a quick recovery. Be strong.
    Ramar
    AMERICAN EX-PRISONERS OF WAR -- NON SOLUM ARMIS

Boolit Master
    Wishing you a speedy recovery Bruce.

Boolit Master
    Sure sorry you had to endure such a procedure, but glad it all went as planned. Be sure and follow all the protocols to optimize your healing.

Looking forward to seeing pics of you in your loading room or better yet, at the range.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast