WidenersLee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: Case Cleaning W/ Lyman Turgo Sonis 6000..???

Boolit Buddy

Question Case Cleaning W/ Lyman Turgo Sonis 6000..???

Just bought a new unit @ Sportsman's Warehouse 2-day . $60 off Reg price for Fathers Day special. They have 2 types of cleaning solution that is added to water , Brass cleaning & Metal cleaning. My ??? is what is in the brass cleaning solution ??? Any one use it & know what the concentrate solution is made up of .. I have Lem-shine & dish soap , will that do the same thing as the commercial stuff. Unit didn't come with either type . Went on-line as the instruction manual mentioned & watch there video as to how it is done also .. Any info/feedback appreciated ... Russ.

Duh on ME.. should read "Turbo Sonic" 6000...
    Last edited by Russ in WY; 06-11-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Boolit Master

Russ;
    Great timing!! - - -Just used mine for the first time today. It's the middle size unit. I bought both cleaning fluids as I wanted to clean my cases as well as gun parts. BIG PROBLEM!!!
    Since the solutions are reusable, (more than once or until they get muddy) You must get it OUT of the tank at some point. Good luck w/that!! There's NO drain hole and the tank WILL NOT POUR.
    Neatly that is!! Perhaps a very large basin which you must pour from in turn. WHAT A MESS!!!
    NO Warning or advice in the instructions. I'm so P####d I don't dare to trust myself to call them.
    I'll figure out a solution. Always do. But, be prepared!!

As to the chemical make up of the solutions-- I believe the brass cleaner is a citric acid cleaner but not knowing the % of concentration I can't advice you. I don't think that the solution is magic. The cleaning is accomplished by the sonic aspec.
    Good luck.
    Pepe Ray
    The way is ONLY through HIM.

Boolit Buddy

The brass cleaning solution is a mixture of citric acid and detergent. Lemishine can be found at the local wally's world in the dishwashing detergent area, and is mostly citric acid. Citric acid is also sold at homebrew and wine making stores, usually costs about $5/lb.
    My sonic cleaner holds about 3 quarts of liquid, I use a tablespoon of citric acid and a drop or two of dawn dishwashing soap.