RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 22 LR ammo

Boolit Master

22 LR ammo

My son lives in Prescott Valley Arizona. He went to J&G sales today and bricks of 10 boxes ie. 500 round bricks were selling for $80.00 a brick. I think this is pretty sad, considering how cheep 22's were just a short time ago. I hope every one here has a good stash.

Boolit Grand Master
    I don't think that the price from Fed, Win., Rem has gone up 4 X and 5 X.

It is the retailers making " some fast $ ".

It may have gone up some, but it hasn't gone from $12.00 - $80.00.

US $12 for a 500 round brick? We would pay around NZ $18.50 for a 100 round box, depending on what it is. NZ $45 for 500 round brick of CCI subsonic. But some brands are NZ $145 per 500. In our parts, subsonic is the way as we shoot with suppressors and at night.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Master
    One thing I have enjoyed about this site is there is very little talk of politics and conspiracies on the general forums and there are few comments about ammo shortages.There is a reasonable amount of talk about primers and powder. My latest figures show I am feeding revolvers for 2-3 $/box.
    Closest recorded range Chrony kill (3 feet with witnesses)

Boolit Grand Master
    $5 for a box of 40 American Eagle .22's $11 for a brick of CCI Mini Mags. Currently out of stock.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

I'd be supprised if the cost to manufacture .22 rounds exceeded $3-$5 a brick, even if manufacturing cost tripled it still doesn't justify an $80/brick price.

Boolit Grand Master

When Walmart can still sell theirs at pre-shortage prices, so could the rest. Just remember who the gougers are and treat them as such when it's all over.

Boolit Master

Manufactures haven't raised their prices. Gougers have. They are taking advantage of good people.

Btw, there's a pm in your inbox.
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master
    I have about 25 550ct bricks of Federal bulk HVHP I would sell for the current reasonable rate.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop View Post
    I have about 25 550ct bricks of Federal bulk HVHP I would sell for the current reasonable rate.
    What is that?

pm inbound

Boolit Master
    These are the bulk boxes with 550 loose rounds per box. I believe they are 38gn high velocity hollow points.

Boolit Master
    I just talked to my son again and he said the 22 ammo was PMC brand. I have been dealing with J&G Sales for a number of years and have been pleased with their prices on guns and ammo , but I might be changing my thinking.

Boolit Master
    Yesterdays prices are gone forever but what will tomorrows price be?

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    It ain't jes 22lr's!

Check out the rip-off artists on Ebay and the prices they are asking for the $30.00 Lee 6 hole molds! $80+.....! It should be illegal. But people are dumb enough to pay it, I guess. All te stores and sources I deal with are not gouging or I would not buy from them.

As stated above......remember who these thieve are! Times will be a-changin'!

bangerjim

Boolit Master
    """Check out the rip-off artists on Ebay"""
    Why do you call them that? They are offering a product at a price but not forcing anyone to buy from them. Everyone is free to research other sources and better prices. Does everyone pay the same price for a house or car? Anytime you absolutely positively have to have it now you can expect to pay a premium no matter what the product. In a market that will bare the price why sell for less? If you buy a house during a market slump then in time the market picks up would you offer the house for sale for less than market value?
    It seems to me there may be a bit of sore looser attitude from folks angry with themselves for not buying when the price was lower. I feel the same way for not buying my house 10 years ago when it was worth half what I paid.
    Anyway to my way of thinking a rip-off is a theft but when someone is willing to pay a price for an item there is no theft or rip-off.

Boolit Master
    rip off is paying 80$ for 500 rounds and finding there is only 325 rnds in the box and the seller says tough doodoo.
    both parties agree to product/price its not a rip off its a transaction....

Time to repeat it: Gouging can only happen when the seller has a monopoly. Ma Bell gouged when it was a monopoly. Hospitals gouge. (Yes, hospitals often monopolize within their regions, enforced by government licensing boards, which they tend to control.) Railroads gouged in the late 1800s when they were the only transport to market for Great Plains farmers. Unions in closed-shop states gouge employers.

Nobody offering .22 ammo at $80 a brick has a monopoly on it. What does exist in this market is two kinds of fools. Type One Fools who pay those prices, and Type Two Fools who didn't stock up when prices were low, and now whine about it because they can't get ammo at a price to their liking, (due to the combination of limited supply of ammo and oversupply of Type One Fools.) No sympathy for either Type at my house.
    Cognitive Dissident

So what really causes these shortages? People shooting more or manufacturers producing less? It surely cannot be the military since they don't use all the components in short supply and last time I looked WWIII hadn't started yet.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Master
    """" last time I looked WWIII hadn't started yet.""""
    Not officially but the preliminary arrangements are well underway.

Boolit Buddy
    I hope everyone is making note of who is gouging and remember them when that scare is over. There are a couple of places in my town that won't get my business again - and one that I will be loyal to, even if they are further from my door.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast