Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: My baby took her life today.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I hate to hear something like this. I have a few family members who have lost children and I've seen from their experience that it is not an easy road to walk.
    My prayers are with you and may the Lord give you peace and comfort.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master

I'm so sorry for your loss I will be praying for your family and friends. FB

Vendor Sponsor

Thumbcocker, the Lord makes a place for those who cannot continue to cope throughout their medical conditions, I do not believe they are judged in the same light as a completely well person. As specific and special as our challenges are, so is His acceptance of us when our time here is done.

My oldest son suffered from a brain tumor the size of a 1/4 pounder which did more to amaze the doctors that he survived to the age of 22 than anything else, and he could not control his moods, his anger, his thoughts, or his decisions. He had frequent seizures, and could not be around his younger siblings. The doctors could only throw up their hands, there was nothing more for them to do, and he ended his suffering on Florida 301 by running into the path of an oncoming truck.

I don't know if it was an act of bravery or if he was in the throes of one of his mood swings, I am thinking the latter, but his suffering ended that day in 1996. My youngest son shares the burden of loss along with me, and it took quite a while to find rest in knowing he is in a better place. May God grant you and your family the rest you will come to know, and the peace that comes with knowing your daughter is with Him..

I was afraid to open this thread because for the split second of reading the title, i remembered how close i was to feeling the same pain and emptiness. I can't imagine being any closer to that grief than i was. My sincere condolences my friend. As parents, we never think of lying our children to rest during all the pleasure filled years of raising them. Be at peace just knowing that her parting is only temporary and that you'll see her again.

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    My sincere condolences.

Boolit Man
    May the LORD stand beside you and your family during this great time of pain and give you strength to make it through to the end and may he take your daughters hand and take her home.

God bless you and yours
    Bill

Boolit Buddy
    My deepest condolences for you and your family.

Matt

Boolit Buddy
    So sorry about your loss. Prayers sent for your family.

Boolit Master
    Hamish and Recluse said what I am feeling, and said it much better than I ever could. I'm so sorry for your loss.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post

The most basic duty of a man is to protect his own and I wasn't able to.
    My friend, there are enemies of the physical realm in which we can--and do--fight. Sometimes we need to enlist the help of friends or of former comrades in arms to defeat such physical threats to our loved ones' safety and well-being. I have fought these physical forces in defense of my family, and likewise I have come to the aid of those who needed it to help them defeat the physical forces.

But the forces that lie beneath the surface of the physical are not able to be touched by us alone. In many cases, even the best of counseling, psychiatry and introspection will not push back the demon whose goal it is to destroy the physical manifestation of a loved one.

In those times, I lean heavily upon Jesus Christ and His father because the battle at that point is not one in which I can persevere with fists or clubs or guns. It is a spiritual battle and one for which none of us are as well equipped to engage in as our Lord. Evil may win the battle, but ultimately the Lord always and without fail wins the war.

I know you remarked in your first post to us that you are not normally a religious man but that you have seen the face of God from a tree stand and in the eyes of your beautiful daughter.

Do not despair. I have enough faith for not just myself, but for you and your daughter and your family as well, as do a great number of your brothers here in this extended family of yours.

Our shoulders are yours to lean on for as long as you need them.

Boolit Buddy
    Thumbcocker, Im very sorry to read that, your daughter sounds like an amazing person!!!!!

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family in this time of need.
    Looking for: 32acp mold-- 22 hornet jwords-- 7.62x54r- jwords, boolits, mold-- 7x57 brass, mold---7.62 Nagant-brass-- 8x56r-brass, jwords-- any old firearm laying around ( I'm starting to take gun smithing classes, and I'm looking for pieces I can work on, PM me with your details)

Poor execution of a problem on your part doesn't constitute a problem on mine.

13/14 Trapping season
    Coon-1
    Grinner-3
    Squirrel-3

Condolences for you and your family from me and my family.

Prayers for all of you.

A parent should never have to bury a child, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    So sad for you. Cherish her memory.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    I too, am so very sorry to hear of your loss. My daughter is 20 ,and I cannot imagine the pain you are suffering. Our prayers for all of you. She sounds like an amazing young lady.
    Robert King

Boolit Buddy

I am very sorry for your loss and we will pray for you and the family. You will not forget, but the burden becomes bearable.

Boolit Buddy
    Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Boolit Master

I lost a daughter under similar circumstances.

It hurts.

I am sorry for you.

Take care of yourself and those who knew and loved her

dale in Louisiana

Boolit Bub
    Condolences for you and your family, you are in my prayers.

Boolit Buddy
    Thumbcocker you cannot blame yourself, anyway or fashion for what happened. She had a chemical imbalance that caused her condition. And we still don't know what is all going on, and how the thoughts can get muddled because of that imbalance.

I hope one day we are able to figure out the right treatment to control the disease. So that no more of these wonderful people are lost to it.

We as men are left helpless and exposed when confronted with the effects of this disease. Someone attacks my loved ones I know I would fight with all I have, but a family member that is hurting inside, leaves us weak and floundering, so we blame ourselves for the failure to control something, that was never ours to control.

As stated by many of us on here and those that have viewed this thread your brothers and sisters are here if you need us.

Boolit Master at heavens range
    You got my prayers also, I wish I could give my life to yous to keep her going, Joe

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast