Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: Lube Casting Tubes and Fixture

Boolit Mold

Lube Casting Tubes and Fixture

Hi everyone, first post here on Cast Boolits. Not sure I'm posting in the right place but this seems to get alot of viewers. I'm making my own lube and need to cast it in sticks for a Lyman 450 lubrisizer. I once saw a fixture with 1" pvc tubes of sorts but can't remember where or exactly how it was constructed. Does this sound familiar, has anyone made one or can direct me to where I might find a sketch or building information? Thanks in advance. Uncrichie.

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Welcome to first off.

Gussy's™s rig might help::

You can visit him right here just scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Casting Stuff

http://www.castingstuff.com/
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    Now, that's just slicker 'n snot on a door knob...

Regards,

Stew
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"...Get a rope." Pace Picante Sauce commercial, ca. 1984

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.

Super Moderator

................uncrichie, welcome to the board. I recognize your handle from elsewhere. What other boards do you frequent?

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Mold
    45Nut, "thats it", thanks pal and thanks to Gussy for a really sweet setup. Thanks for the welcome to the forum, this seems like a great place. Hi Buckshot, some black powder forums, welding forums, AK forums, machinist forums, N-SSA, High power rocketry, and last but not least ham radio and electronics forums, slightly diverse. Uncrichie.

Boolit Master
    I made molds for lube sticks a wile back. They worked fine, but not as easy as leaving the lube in a old cofiee pot and just pouring what you need . ...Buck
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

While I was doing a little surfing here, I stumbled onto this thread about lube moulds. I am pondering making some lube, and was wondering if there was such a thing. Has anyone split the tube, say with a bandsaw, (the bottom is stuck in the block of wood to hold it together) and some rubber bands to hold the tops together? It seems like the lube would be easier to remove then.

Doug

Boolit Master
    I let mine sit for a day or two.. or three, as I got kinda busy, but when I went to get mine it just came right out. I believe it was due to the shrinkage when it cooled.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Quote Originally Posted by 94Doug View Post
    Has anyone split the tube, say with a bandsaw, (the bottom is stuck in the block of wood to hold it together) and some rubber bands to hold the tops together? It seems like the lube would be easier to remove then.

Doug

Yeah, I tried that...sounds like a good idea, but lube leaks out the slit so you have to tape the whole thing to stop the leak...PITA!

If the lube doesn't want to come out, just pop it in the freezer for a couple of hours and it'll slide right out.

Jerry