RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRotoMetals2WidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Friend and loyal companion, in remembrance

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.

My Friend and loyal companion, in remembrance

Sorry if this causes you pain, but I just have to write this to say good bye....

I won him in a Friends of the NRA raffle back in 98. Shortly afterwards I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's. coming back from Chemo, he would lay next to me, watching over me as I would rest. I hunted him a few times (Britany) but he watched over the family when I was at work.

In 2004, we found cancer in his right shoulder, and we were blessed, the vet was able to remove the tumor. Our last car we bought, we made sure he had his own seat to sit in. This last year, his health and energy was failing, he barely wanted to go out side, didn't want to go for rides, and his weight had dropped. Not bad for 105 year old (in dog years). Wednesday, he turned 15.

Yesterday morning I found him collapsed outside, next to the doggy door. Just like the TV commercials, he had fallen but was unable to get up. He had bloodied his paw tring to get up. He looked up with those sad eyes, help me dad. I carried him in the house, and made the apt with the vet. He rested, and I fed him a chicken breast for breakfast, I called work and took the day off. Finally the time came, he was able to walk to the front door, but I had to carry him to the car.

He just laid in the back seat, instead of sitting looking out the window as he used to do. I carried him into the vet, they had a blanket ready for him. I held him as he went to sleep. They left us alone as I said good bye, I kissed him on the to of his head, and removed his collar. And yes, I cried. It was a lonely ride home.

Thank you Beau for being my companion

One of the toughest things to go through. My sympathies.

Boolit Master
    scarry, when you think of Beau, know that no other person could have given him more love or better care than you did. He was very lucky to have had you. God bless the four legged members of our families.

Our condolences,

the smokeywolf family
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

I am very sorry.

Boolit Master
    Sorry about your friend.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Banned
    Sorry about your friend! I have to admit that I teared up reading your post. They give us good times and unconditional love!

Perma-Banned

sorry about your friend. I know how it feels and it sucks.

Tough, for sure. Condolences. I just welled up a little reading this. Been there more than once and I just cannot bring myself to get another dog. It's far too heartbreaking, as your story illustrates to me again.

Now, i'm gonna go wipe my tears off my face too.

Peace be with you, friend.
    PS P
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Boolit Master

Lost my best friend a while ago, so I know how you feel.
    Just try to remember that all dogs go to heaven.
    Gun control is not about guns.

Boolit Master

my heart goes out to you i know how much it hurts
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Been thru that more than once, doesn't ever get easy. You an your friend are in our thoughts and prayers.
    CD

Boolit Master

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers...

A Dog's Prayer

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside... for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements... and I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth... though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land... for you are my god... and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest...and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

--Beth Norman Harris

Frosted Boolits

Thinkin about ya partner! Had to put my good buddy down a while back so I know what you are going through. So glad you held him till the end. I did the same...including the crying. Thoughts and prayers my friend.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Master

I saw your post, and said the Dog's prayer for you and him. It's amazing the love we have for our companions and the pain we go through when we loose them, but we turn around and do it again.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

Rest in Peace, Beau.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...

I know the loss you feel. My sincerest condolences!

The poem posted said doggie cannot tell us he is thirsty. My Zues will come and tell me his bowl went dry or stale. He has different grunts for what he is saying.
    J
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Master

Went through the same 5 months ago Saturday. Picked up a new pup several weeks ago and the cycle starts over again. They are not replacements just new friends. They all have their own personalities and the pain has been replaced by laughter at the new family member's antics.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

My sympathies to you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by chsparkman View Post
    One of the toughest things to go through. My sympathies.
    Ditto for me.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Bub
    Had to do this to old Cocoa two months ago. I totally lost it when his last act was to lift his head, and lick my hand when I scratched his ear. God bless you, and It's a really hard thing to go through. Somebody said you know when you get to heaven, when all the dogs you ever had come running out to greet you. I can only hope....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast