WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Repackbox Load Data
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: LEE 358-75-wc Group buy starts here

Boolit Bub
    I realize I am very late here, but if anyone has an unneeded extra, I'd be interested.
    JD - thoughts are with you & family.
    Russ

Boolit Master

Wish now that I'd bought 3 of the damn things. There may be a lesson in that...........
    "The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."
    James Burgh, Political Disquisitions, 1774

Thumbs down Status

I know three things of this buy:
    1) the master has much more important things to be doing right now
    2) I have money in this deal which was sent to Lee for a product
    3) That will NEVER happen again! This is NOT service, its being serviced!

Life and learn... I have learned Lee does NOT care about my business so turnabout is fair.
    There is NO subsitute for heavy, large diameter bullets or cubic inches!

It has become obvious that Lee has no concept of customer service
    Yes, I know it's cocked, It's got bullets too.

If it ain't metal, single stack, and single action, it ain't a 1911 no matter what it looks like!!

ERROR 406: file corrupt: config.america -- reboot constitution? (Y/N)

Boolit Master

Wherever they hire Philosophers & Misanthropes...
    I'm not going to blame Jeremy. I'm not sure what is going on in the Lee Mould department, but everywhere else their Customer Service is First Rate (They cut me some custom dies that didn't work and completely refunded my money, no questions, after we determined that a collet set wouldn't do what I needed it to do.)

I'm not too stressed. This is not a "critical" mould for me. It will get here when it gets here.
    A Democrat that owns Guns is like a Vegan that owns Cats...
    C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
    Gott und Gewehr mit uns!...
    Death is only The End if you assume the Story is about You.
    1.618034 Fnord
    מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין - Daniel 5:25-28 - Got 7.62?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ironsights View Post
    I'm not going to blame Jeremy. I'm not sure what is going on in the Lee Mould department, but everywhere else their Customer Service is First Rate (They cut me some custom dies that didn't work and completely refunded my money, no questions, after we determined that a collet set wouldn't do what I needed it to do.)

I'm not too stressed. This is not a "critical" mould for me. It will get here when it gets here.
    I lay this at the feet of Lee, not our honcho. Jeremy is sitting in the same boat as us waiting for the goods to show at his doorstep.

I also agree, it will get here when it gets here. But would realy like to play with it
    Yes, I know it's cocked, It's got bullets too.

If it ain't metal, single stack, and single action, it ain't a 1911 no matter what it looks like!!

ERROR 406: file corrupt: config.america -- reboot constitution? (Y/N)

While I agree that JD is not responsible for this crazy long GB and hold him blameless, I would sure appreciate it if he could find time to ring up Lee and inquire why orders placed after ours are already delivered. It is my hope that his situation will subside to the point that he can contact them and pass along the results to us sometime soon.

One thing that I would also point out is that this is one of the larger group buys I've noticed. IIRC, there were 25+ of both the two cavity and the six cavity. I sure hope that Lee isn't punishing us for placing a larger than usual order.

Does Lee alert honchos when they ship out an order of molds? This is my first GB and I don't know how it works with them. I would hate to think that they got shipped and lost. A quick call could eliminate that worry as well.

I, like Explorer1, don't see me doing any more Lee GBs. I hate it when someone takes my money (our money) and then slips us the big green weenie. Shame on them!

Boolit Master

I picked up a used 2 cav Lyman in this design.... when you see how small the cavities are, you have to wonder if there isn't some sort of difficulty in the manufacture of them.... I know we have received several Lee moulds that were ordered after this one. I am not in too much of a hurry either, just curious.

Doug

Boolit Grand Master
    Like everybody else, I think Jeremy is a good guy and this loooooooong GB is somehow the responsibility of Lee. I just want some truthful information. I can really get over any problem if I can get my hands around the truth. Lee broke some machines, had to remake faulty moulds, had to fire the one guy who knows where the on / off switch is, .....I don't care about that so much as I care about truthful info. I've paid for two of these moulds just so the GB could get moving and I'm looking forward to delivery of some perfect moulds. soon

Boolit Master

As I indicated in post #233, this will most likely be my last group buy also. And I don't like to be cold about this, but JD arrived home on the 30th of September. He may indeed have some loose ends to wrap up, but I think he possibly could have called Lee and gave us an update. Is he the only one who can check on a group buy since he is the one who started it?
    I too have had to deal with a death the past year and I was diagnosed with a major health problem, had surgery, and underwent chemical treatment. I missed 2 weeks of work and that is all. Some days I sure didn't feel like going to work but I did--it is a matter of responsibility to those I am involved with at work. And so it goes...BCB

Boolit Master

I called LEE today to check on these moulds but they said they couldn't tell me the status as I wasn't the originator of the order. Actually she asked my my zip code, so if I knew that (not mine, jdhenry's) I could probably get an answer.

Boolit Grand Master
    Is this the longest post or what?

Boolit Grand Master
    Does anybody have access to Jeremy? Maybe some ill has befallen him and he is not able to do this message board. Sure hope not. I've PM'd him and haven't gotten any response there either. This non-communication has me concerned.

Boolit Master

Guys, I don't know what to say. I just got off the phone with Lee. I took a clue from Springfields attempt and decided to give them the full backround. I explained about Cast Boolits and our situation to the NICE lady there, and that communication with Jeremy was very sparse and she was willing to check on this order for me. She said that a drawing was submitted and a policy letter was sent out, and that is all the records she could find on this order. So I don't want to draw any conclusions, but gentlemen, it would appear we have all been had.

I sure would like to hear Jeremy's side of this story. I sure hate to lose my money. The moderators need to know about this, but I don't know what they can do.

I would like to get my money back, but I also want the mold, even if it means paying for it again. I think the buy should be run again, this time with a proven honcho like springfield, or myself or any others that are interested. I know it will be a long wait again, but I was thinking of talking to Pat at Lee and explaining the situation and seeing if we couldn't be bumped ahead in the line.

Guys, at this point, I am not going so far as to say Jeremy swindled us. But it looks bad for him. He says that Lee told him that we only had a month to go several months back, meaning he was either lying or the info I got from Lee this morning was in error. But the lady at Lee told me they found his file, but there was no record of an order. If they couldn't find the file, there would be doubt, because I would wonder if they just didn't find it. But they found the file but no order. I would have called Jeremy, but could not find his number on the internet. It says it is unlisted. I do have his address. But I have no idea how to proceed with Jeremy. I hope some of you have some ideas. And by ideas I mean legal, ones, not vigilante stuff. We are better than that.

Boolit Bub
    I hope that there is misunderstanding going on, since my payment was the first to be recieved.

I expect to hear from him soon!! With an explanation and reliable info about our order.

If not-> Would accepting checks via mail and not providing said goods qualify as mail fraud?

50 molds at the rates we paid is about $2500.00

If it looks like a turd and smells like a turd.........it's not a Baby Ruth!!

I'll be #@&*!!!! People like that give this world a bad name.

[quote}I would have called Jeremy, but could not find his number on the internet. It says it is unlisted. I do have his address. But I have no idea how to proceed with Jeremy. I hope some of you have some ideas. And by ideas I mean legal, ones, not vigilante stuff. We are better than that.[/QUOTE]

Well, we could find out what county Clatskanie is in, in Oregon, and call the local sheriff and file a complaint. Enough complaints and the sheriff should have to follow up. Just one thought.

I really hate to assume that we've been ripped off. Jeremy has a respectable length of participation on the board and claims to be a sponsor. That doesn't sound like the kind of guy that would openly steal from his fellows. There's every real possibility that he is innocent of any wrong doing. In fact, that's what I'm choosing to believe until there is no refuting the charge.

I would suggest giving Jeremy the weekend to make some sort of response to these concerns. If he is going to have a chance to get on this board is likely would be over the weekend. If nothing is heard from him it won't really prove anything, but something is definitely amiss in Oregon.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jim4065 View Post
    Wish now that I'd bought 3 of the damn things. There may be a lesson in that...........
    Well.......... ............... Let's hope for the best.

Got no good ideas on alternatives - other than the obvious, which would be to talk someone like Ranch Dog into expanding his business and being the front for these group buys. Lots of work on his part, but maybe he's set up to handle the business at a profit.

I'm NOT saying Ranch Dog should do this, just using him as an example of a centrally located group member who's familiar with dealing with Lee (and with some of the people on this board). I'm sure there are lots of others with similar qualifications, just can't think of 'em off hand.

Very little experience with the Honcho end of things, but even a small group buy is a lot of work. I'm sure that whoever took on such a job would need to get in a large enough order to Lee to get dealer discounting. Not my cup of tea, and maybe not good for anyone who's a "seasoned citizen".
    "The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."
    James Burgh, Political Disquisitions, 1774

It does show that JDHenry has signed on to this site on 10/01/08

In Remebrance

Gents- If one of you can determine that the order was never placed with Lee, then I suggest you pursue this through the USPO mail fraud service. If the Honcho ripped you guys off thats the best advice I can give. The staff here has pointed out before we have NOTHING to do with the GB's other than providing the forum.

I truly hope this works out.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast