Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Browning Citori stock finish question

Browning Citori stock finish question

Here's my question, how to replicate that Chevrolet-clear-coat-looking finish on a Browning Citori? Couple of dings a a couple of scrapes that popped right back up with a Q-tip and an iron but I need to do something about patching the finish.
    Everybody grab a shovel, we got a swamp to drain.

Boolit Master

I believe that to be a 2 part epoxy type finish. I would suggest the white clear coat polishing compound.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

I used an epoxy spray (can) to topcoat a few different Brownings, over the years - but as fecmec suggested, first polish out any areas that might have turned white from the heat of the iron used to raise the dents.

Moderator Emeritus

A lot of those really shiny finishes are in the polishing moreso than what's used on the surface, and polishing isn't an acquired overnight skill, and may take several efforts to get it "right" as you see it, but it's doable.

Boolit Master
    before retireing a few years ago; my business was shotgun stocks. I worked at a target shotgun dealership. along with adjustable combs, recoil pads. adjustable buttplates, cracked and broken stocks,repairing nicks and scratches and refinished in excess of several hundred stocks. the next browning finish that I am able to "patch up" and hide the blemish so that it is invisible to anyone but me; it might be the first. when the owner brought me a browning that was traded with wood damage he would just smile and say "do the best that you can" knowing that I couldn't do to a browning that came easy for me on other brand of target guns. other than stripping the finish and starting over it is a very difficult finish to "fix"

porthos