Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power Pistol

Boolit Buddy
    I have to say, I think PP is even flashier than Blue Dot!
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can't always be sure of their authenticity.”
    - Abraham Lincoln

Note to self:

"Wear sunglasses when shooting bg's"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest r View Post
    Note to self:

"Wear sunglasses when shooting bg's"
    Well yeah, it makes you look cooler anyway
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can't always be sure of their authenticity.”
    - Abraham Lincoln

Boolit Master

I like shoot this powder with cast in 380 (93 gr HP out a Walther PK380 and Sig P238), 9mm (125 gr HP and 140 SWC out a Ruger SR9c) and 40 (180 gr HP out a Beretta M96 Centurion).
    Jeff

Boolit Buddy
    man, PP burns HOT
    I can cook an egg on my SRH after a cylinder full of 255gr wadcutters on top of 14grs PP
    - Abraham Lincoln

Boolit Master
    Power Pistol is the same stuff as Bullseye 84 that was available from Hi Tech a few years ago before PP was available to the public. I found it worked great in 45 APC and bought an 8 pound jug.

Boolit Grand Master

So, my conclusion from several threads is that Power Pistol burns hot and bright, but at lower pressure than the competition, thus providing higher velocity. Is that a fair statement?
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Buddy

I run it in my 10mm with 155-165 lead.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    So, my conclusion from several threads is that Power Pistol burns hot and bright, but at lower pressure than the competition, thus providing higher velocity. Is that a fair statement?
    Yeah, Id say thats true
    - Abraham Lincoln

Boolit Master
    I've been thinking about trying a lb.
    Brian Pearce absolutely dotes on the stuff in a .44 Special.
    According to his data, 8.0grn. gives right at 1,000fps with a 250 Keith and mild pressures. I'd like to give that a whirl in my Smith 624.
    I'm also curious to see if it'll do anything in a .45 Colt or .45 ACP that H-Universal won't do (aside from being louder and flashier).

Boolit Bub
    Works well in standard level .44 Special loads (just over 7 grains of Power Pistol throw a 250 grain bullet from my Second Model Hand Ejector at about 825 f/s), 158 grain .38 Special (in the low 900s with 5.4 grains of Power Pistol) and .45 Colt 255 grain loads, (8 grains Power Pistol for around 760 f/s.)

I haven't done much shooting at night, but haven't noted much flash in daylight. And, all these are standard pressure loads - important for some of my old guns.
    Go peacefully; teach the ignorant, comfort the distressed. Always be kind. Wear clean underwear and carry a gun.

Boolit Buddy
    Power Pistol easily makes 170PF in 40S&W, but at much higher recoil and WAYYYY more noise than faster powders. It really makes great velocity and you can push nearly all loads to max without pressure signs. Functions great, but noisy and stiff recoil.

The flash/noise never bothered me but when using a 357 with a muzzle break, everything is loud & has a flash.

Attachment 83564

Those dw's with the heavy shrouds & muzzle breaks are the cat's meow. There's nothing better than Mihec's 359640 hp in a 357 loaded with 8.0gr of herco, longshot or powder pistol for plinking.

I also like the same boolit loaded in 38spl's with 5.4gr of power pistol for the snubnosed revolver. Allot of noise/flash (good!!!) & a true 800+fps. My girlfriends favorite load in her conceal/carry.

I use PP for my 45 Super custom 1911 6".

PP is GREAT for me in 44 SPC/45Colt w/ ~250 grn bullets. Will also work in 45 ACP w/ 200 grn SWC - a load I want to work with. Also plan to try it in some 158 grn LSWC 38+P loads.

Some say it has more muzzle flash, but I don't notice it. Course, I shoot 2400 and Unique, so don't know that I would notice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12