Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: Headin to Columbus, GA

Boolit Buddy

Headin to Columbus, GA

SWMBO and I are headin for to see the daughter and son in law at Fort Benning. Any suggestions on good places to eat/see/ look for good boolit related deals?

Iniustus lex est non lex
    Melior morior in vestri pes quam ago in vestri genu
    Semper Paratus, Semper Fortis

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" Barry Goldwater
    "Never argue with an idiot.They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".
    ANON

Cast Hunter

I used to do a lot of deer and hog hunting on Ft Benning. I don't recall there being that many gun shops in the area, but a decent one was Shooters (http://www.shootersofcolumbus.com/).
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Buddy

Hawg huntin you say? How did you get permission for that? Sounds like a good time!! Got me a 450 Bushmaster for just that purpose.

Iniustus lex est non lex

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" Barry Goldwater
    "Never argue with an idiot.They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".
    ANON

Boolit Master

I haven't been to Fort Benning in 44 years. Did my basic training there. It was the only Army base that I actually liked. Used to see tons of deer tracks walking (marching) out to the rifle ranges. As I remember, the place was immense. Sorry for the nostalgia kick. Mike
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Buddy

I used to go to the China buffet in Columbus when I was there. Not too bad food. Been 9 years since I was last there.

Boolit Buddy

Chinese is good, but I was thinkin more along the lines of Southern cuisine.

Iniustus lex est non lex

ANON

USA Shooting Nationals are going on in Benning this week. Might be something to check out.
    R.M.

The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike..........Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Buddy

Some of my fondest memories are of FT Benning in 1968 and 1969, I love that place.
    Clyde
    COL USA RET

My deer lease is 17 miles due South of Benning. Hogs !!! Yep Ft Benning is the most polluted place, in the state, for them. BUT If your no Mil. you can't get on there to hunt. Also watch out for the "No Shoulders" any that can hurt you can be found near there. Deer hunting is Liberal bag limit of 10/ year with 2 being Bucks. The guys that trained there can tell you about the bugs and the heat and humidity. Most summer days you can swim through the air, it's so thick.

You will like the winters, the last snow I can remember there was about 10 years ago.

Have fun who knows you might find that you too will become a "Damned Yankee" LOL

TwoTrees
    TwoTrees

"Hold my beer and watch this!!"

Boolit Master

The Griffin exit off of I-75 just south of Atlanta. To your right just blocks off the interstate a pawn shop in a shopping center behind Burger king restaurant. Excellent long gun inventory. I bought a '68 model Marlin 336 in .35 Remington last year for $250 in 98% condition. (still had the "walnut" sticker on the forearm). See Rafael.
    A few miles further away from I-75 going west off the same exit is the Bay Breeze seafood restaurant. Closed on Mondays as I recall. Excellent fresh seafood. Some friends had steak and said it was good as well. It's not really a detour as if you continue on the same road it intersects I-75 again to the south.
    Enjoy our trip,
    Rick

Boolit Master

Don't miss the National Infantry Museum when you're at Benning.
    Gun control is not about guns.

Boolit Buddy

Thanks all, Headin out this morning.

Iniustus lex est non lex

ANON

Cast Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by BoolitSchuuter View Post
    Hawg huntin you say? How did you get permission for that? Sounds like a good time!! Got me a 450 Bushmaster for just that purpose.
    You need to be current or retired Military (or Mil dependent). You can also be sponsored by someone that has access.
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member