Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Passing of fellow CastBoolits member Garcia

Moderator Emeritus

I'm saddened to hear of Garcia's passing. I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Cast Boolits is more than just a website, it's a community. We mourn the loss of every single member when we lose one. We'll be here for you if you get the urge to reconnect with your Dad through his love of casting.
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Bub
    Tom Garcia was a class act. I just recently began a friendship with him via telephone and email and he was a true American and a fine example for us all.

God comfort and bless the Garcia family

Moderator Emeritus

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mother a few years ago and feel some of your pain. 57 is way to young. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Moderator Emeritus

Sorry for your loss.
    your father and I crossed paths a few times...mostly on threads about 41 Mag.
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

So sorry to hear this news. I too lost my Dad when he was 56. -- Your Dad will always be here...He lives through you; in your thoughts and memories!
    Jon

I believe we corresponded back and forth about Winchester "92" and "86" parts. Nice fella. So sorry for your loss sir.
    Last edited by Just Duke; 06-04-2013 at 08:36 AM.

I will add my thoughts and prayers to everyone else's here. I lost my mom and dad within 4 years of each other (1983 and 1987), and lost my best friend to cancer 3 years ago. Mom was 56, dad was 65, and my best friend was 59. I is always a difficult thing to deal with, but keep them in your heart and keep your faith in God, and He somehow gives you strength to go on and He has a way of making the best times with them easiest to remember and the hardest of times with them seem to fade into the background. As long ago as I lost my parents, I still think of all the times with them often, and I still pray for their fulfillment in Him.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NAHC Life Member
    TSRA Life Member

Unlike most things in life, knowledge can be given away freely and never be diminished

Boolit Master
    Condolences and prayers inbound tonight for you and yours...

Boolit Master
    My sincerest condolences go out to your family.
    If you are unwilling to defend even your own lives, then you are like mice trying to 'negotiate' with owls. You regard their ways as 'wrong', they regard you as dinner. John Farnam

Boolit Master
    Lost mine in 99', biggest hurt in my life. I bet you will find as time goes on how much you still talk to him. Talk with the mind and listen with your heart, gets real easy after a while. Sorry for your loss, strength to you and the family. Gtek

Boolit Master

You suffer your loss now, but soon the thing to do will be to let him live on in your Heart and Memory!
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master

My sincere condolences on your fathers passing. May he rest in peace in heaven with our Lord and Savior. Amen
    Jack

I cant believe Tom passed, I chatted with him all the time on the Marlinowners site. The last we talked he had sent me information on a guy selling Linotype for 1.25 a pound and when I contacted him he would not ship. Tom drove to the guys house and purchased a bunch of it (if not all) and was selling it to get his money back and then some. I was wondering why I hadn't heard from him.

I am so sorry to hear of his passing, I will miss the PM's back and forth with him. I lost my dad 2 months ago but at least he had a long life (just missed his 80th) but Tom was only 57, He never told me that he had any health problems in all our conversations.

I posted on Marlinowners.com to let his other friends know of his passing, so sad.

May good bless him and take him into his house to wait for his family members to join him one day.

Doc
    Last edited by hickfu; 06-04-2013 at 03:14 AM.

Boolit Man
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family.

Banned

my prayers are with you and your family.

Banned

I don't have the words to express my sympathy for you and your family. I will keep yall in my prayers and thoughts.

Andy

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Our Family here on Cast Boolits have lost a Great Friend And Fellow Caster. I remember him posting his input into many of the subjects we discuss here. I'm sorry for your great loss and your length of time with your father cut short at such a early age. Just remember that he will always be at your side. Take Care David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Buddy

Although I didn't' know your dad, I am sorry for your loss.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Garcia was an asset to our family. He will be missed here.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

I am truly sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you all during these very hard times.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast