Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: Member needs help with medical needs for daughter

In Remembrance

Member needs help with medical needs for daughter

I have posted in Our Chapel but I feel we can get better coverage among members here. refloyd posted in Our Chapel needing prayer for his daughter's medical problems and asked for prayer. He is encountering travel expenses to get the treatment she needs and was concerned about having the funds to cover travel costs. I have started two benefit auctions for them in swapping and selling. One is for 50# WW alloy and the other is for SKS high cap mag and factory mag. Others have expressed a desire to contribute directly to the family. I have asked refloyd for an address and an email address to send funds. I am sure there are many more here that will support the cause if they know. Let's get the word out and help get this girl back on a happy life path. Thanks, DLC

Boolit Master
    Having been through the same type things with my daughter a few times I would like to make a contribution. Can you PM me an address or is it listed in another post?

In Remembrance

PM sent

Boolit Master at heavens range
    Same for me, Joe

ditto
    what lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to while lies within us - emerson

Boolit Buddy
    Im unemployed right now, but I can spare a few bucks
    whats the email?
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can't always be sure of their authenticity.”
    - Abraham Lincoln

In Remembrance

PM coming

I'd like to help, please send me the info.
    Sully

In Remembrance

If anyone requested info and I missed you please PM me, Dale.

Boolit Man
    What about a paypal addres?

In Remembrance
    For transportation arrangements, look into this:

Angel Flight

Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic

Angel Flight Southeast

Angel Flight Central

The length of the flight, from North Carolina to Michigan, means that there will in all likelihood be a "handoff" or a "relay" flight. No big deal--I've done many of those myself.

First thing is to get signed up and on the roster. Generally anyone requesting a flight other than the patient or the patient's guardian/companion will be considered a Compassion Flight. This doesn't diminish the urgency or status or ranking whatsoever, just a different designation for the flight.

A lot of Angel Flight pilots are former military and we bend over backwards to help fellow veterans and active-duty personnel out, so it's definitely something to look into.

However, it's also definitely NOT like the airlines. There are size and weight limitations that are strictly enforced. I've turned down I don't know how many flights because passengers/patients would show up with an unexpected companion, or they lied about their actual size and weight, or they brought more luggage than allowed and insisted that I had to carry it all.

If you follow the rules and communicate honestly with the pilots, Angel Flight is one of the greatest organizations in the world. We donate our time, our ability and our aircraft free of charge. It's not cheap--each flight of 350 miles (average trip) costs me between $200 to $300 in fuel and fees and maintenance. Longer the trip, the more it costs. Bigger the plane, the more it costs.

We do it because we love to fly and we love to use our passion to help others in need. This is definitely something the member in question should look into.

Boolit Buddy
    ^^^ wow, thats really cool!
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can't always be sure of their authenticity.”
    - Abraham Lincoln