Bushmaster Varminter
    Savage 23b 25-20
    Swedish Mauser
    Yugo m48
    Rem 30s 7x57
    Mauser 30-06
    Norinco em332 22lr

all gone
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear the fool than to open it and remove all doubt"

Eph. 2:8-10

Kill da wabbitt!!! KILL DA WABBITT!!!!

Boolit Master

Ouch!!!

Guess a good safe is gonna be high on your list now...
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry you lost your guns. Hope they are recovered.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Bub
    Sorry for your loss.
    Hopefully you have serial numbers on a slip of paper somewhere like a bank lock box. You could post them, never know where things might turn up. Glad you realize you need a safe. I know a guy who's been robbed three times now; each time about the same quantity as your loss. He still doesn't think he needs a safe and that he can depend on his neighbors to "watch the place". They Have watched the place...Get Robbed 3 times and counting.
    When I bought my safe (from a good-looking woman at the Grand National Trap Shoot) she told me to pick a larger one. I only owned 3 long guns at the time. She asked if I planned to only own 3 long guns for the rest of my life? And said having peace of mind was worth more than the cost. She was right on both counts.
    Better luck in the future. Sometimes there's no winning, but you can better your odds.
    I don't have any NRA or other gun-related stickers on my pickup, and don't discuss what all I own with Anybody. Not at work, at the range, at a gunshow; not anywhere. And no one I know does either. Word gets around. Doesn't mean not talking guns; I do plenty of that. Specifics of what I own are nobody's business.
    Hang in there, guns can be replaced. The important thing is you and your family are ok.

Man that bites,sorry to hear you lost your guns.

American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God
    I feel your pain. Happened to me about 2 years ago. I have a safe now.

Boolit Buddy

Sorry to hear that. Any chance for recovery, or are they already over the border?

Been there then the guns were found in Dade co. Fl. 90 days later they destroyed them along with 2000 other guns that were recoverd at the time. You feel raped from the theft then in my case raped again by the pd. Really hope they are recoverd and returned to you. NOT a good feeling in that happening.
    CD

Boolit Man
    That has to be one of the worst feelings! Sorry to hear about the loss of your guns!

Boolit Master

That sucks....being a 'victim' is awful.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry to her about this. I hope the police catch the thief and recover your guns ASAP. When you do get a safe make sure it is fire rated.

Boolit Master

Insurance adjuster on firearms claims remarked to me that even with safes , nothing is really safe as he had claims come across his desk for safes and there contents , he said the most common entry point on the safes was through the top, over christmas a good friend lost all his firearms, safe included when he was visiting family . I believe they pretty much cleaned his house out of belongings while trashing the place , coincidence his neighbors moved during that very time.
    Hope you get your firearms back , my case I have never seen any of mine returned , and the response by the local law , left a lot to be desired .

Boolit Master
    Same thing happened to me. One gun gun could not be replaced. A 20 gauge Wingmaster my grandfather gave me in 1973. My neighbors watched the guys unload our house through the front door and didn't want to get involved. Nine guns stolen and one recovered. Cops were here in 3 minutes, spent 40 minutes with us and told us to call them back if we noticed anything else. The crooks made a telephone call to their fence (we had it on the redial) and they left a backpack with a citation for possession of weed from the Sheriffs department (with one of their name and address).

I called immediately and it took the detective three weeks to show back up. The woman at the number I was give on the police report told me I didn't exist until she entered the report and she probably wouldn't get that done until she got back from vacation.I had to borrow guns for Deer Season and they were arrested during another break-in a week later and out of jail before I could get the one recovered gun back. I had an aquaintance on the sheriffs department look up the name and he said it was good we were not home as they also had numerous assualt convictions.

One year later of the thieves tried to do it to a Indiana State Trooper: Theodore Hixenbaugh took 2 rounds from the State Trooper's 40 S&W as he kicked his way through the front door of the house.

In Remembrance

I share your pain, been there three times. I guess if they load the safes they will get them all.

Yep! Happened to me 20 years ago. Serial #s are a must have in a separate place I found out not that it helps the pain.
    Time also heals... Sorry to hear this...
    High Hook

Use your homeowners coverage, then if a NRA member contact them and they will cover the amount homeowners do not. Scopes, sights anything that is or can be added is personal property. Ammo, carry cases, holsters etc are also personal property.

Boolit Master

Its hard to buy a gun safe , i allways thought of all the guns i could buy with the money, about 11 years ago my wife nugded me into buying a gun safe, you have enough guns allready she said ! so i thank her for that PUSH ! I used to keep them stached all over the house as well as a small 7 gun wooden gun cabinet where i kept less expensive bait guns. my new safe was a little under $1,700 .
    Now what do you buy first ! a safe or guns ?
    I havent had any problems in my house but i did have a pistol stolen from my car at work, I think it was one of the three guys that i car pulled with , they left the door unlocked and took it at brake or lunch time. i did however have NRA firearm insurance and i got replacement.
    I guess the best way is to buy a safe & hide or desguise it from view !
    Last edited by bobthenailer; 05-30-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Boolit Master

i had a pistol stolen from me back in 1990 i got a call from the police in 2008
    that they found it in a crack house in chicago got my gun back so one day
    you just might get a call right out of the blue
    best of luck to you
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Being a gun owner since the age of 12 in 1959 and a Police Officer in the 70's-90's I have seen and been a victim. No matter what you hear from others the hurt never goes away. It is really bad when you are not of great wealth and you had to sweat and bleed to purchase each gun.
    I had loaned my father a few guns and they were taken from his home.
    If you just purchase a safe and do not secure it to the floor then you will also lose your guns and the new safe you just purchased.
    Here in Louisiana the crooks just take several small pieces of electrical pipe with them. They lift the safe and place the pipe under it and roll it out of your home. They then have more time to by pass the lock system.
    Don't give out your safe combination to no one as you have no idea how they will secure it. My two sons who both have teenager boys and their friends in the house at all times don't have my safe's numbers. I told them that if something was to happen to my wife and I at the same time they can contact a safe company or locksmith to open it. Kids talk to others at all times and may not even know that the best friend they have may have outlaw family members.
    I have a Liberty safe and if it is broken into they will replace it free of charge.
    As was posted earlier, make sure you purchase the best safe you can afford and with the longest fire time that is available from that company. The rough texture finish that I see on some safes may serve some purpose but it will also not give the Police a good surface to lift prints from if someone attempts to open it. I have worked several home burglaries where the safe took a beating but held up. We were able to lift prints and arrest the persons involved.
    If I was the OP I would go as fast as I could to any Pawn shop in the area and even those 50 miles down the road. Guns are usually stolen to sell and get quick cash. Check the local bars in the area to see if anyone has come in to sell any guns of late.
    The police will do these things if you have a good department, if not then they will just write a report and do no follow up as they are not trained to investigate crime. It also takes valuable time for the paper work to reach the Detective Division if your department is large enough to have one.
    Make yourself flyer's with the description and S/N's of all the guns and hand them out to everyone you speak with. Best of Luck David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master

Man than sucks. I hope you find out the names of the crooks, and give them what they deserve. AND get your guns back

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast