Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NOE-269-145 6.5x55 Sweedish Mauser (long rifle)

I am happy and content. I need to move out to 100 yards and see how it does.

I cannot get the bullet to feed reliably from magazine to chamber

Quote Originally Posted by sixpointfive View Post
    Just noticed, can't crimp with Lee bullet seat die. It tries to swage bullet instead.
    Yep, most Lee seating dies for bottleneck carts won't crimp even enough to close up the case mouth bell. Maybe they want sell more of their fine factory crimp dies. This is fixable. Just grind off a little length from the bottom of the die and re chamfer. I find that grinding off the original chamfer to a square edge and then re chamfering is usually enough to allow the case mouth to get up to the crimp area of the die which is still there, but unreachable because of the extra length of the seater die body. I am not advocating the crimp. I usually don't crimp, but it saves time if you want to close up the bell in one step with the seating die. This is not the fine machine work that our members are used to, I just use a bench mounted belt sander to shorten the die and chamfer the outer edge. The inner edge I chamfer with a stone point in a drill. Works fine. Most of my lee bottleneck seating dies have received this treatment.

BTW-I found that 120gr boolits were MUCH easier to shoot well in my swede than 140s.
    Last edited by DanM; 01-28-2016 at 07:34 PM.
    Ten Bears; "You are the Grey Rider. You would not make peace with the bluecoats. You may go in peace."
    Josey Wales; "I reccon not."

Charlie Waite; "Men are gonna die here today, Sue, and I'm gonna kill them."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12