Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Winchester 1200

Winchester 1200

does anyone have suggestion on how to improve the trigger pull on this shotgun?
    I got one pretty cheap to just mess around with shooting my slugs/buckshot and this thing is terrible!
    It Is Intuitively Obvious To The Most Casual Observer With The Least Amount Of Experience

My Feedback
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hlight=Fla9-40

While the trigger/sear surfaces might be able to be polished slightly, I wouldn't suggest getting very aggressive with the parts, because AFAIK they're made of sintered metal, and not solid steel.

A wider trigger shoe might be of some help.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

A word of caution with wide trigger shoe on a hunting gun. Maybe is just me... here the facts: several decade a go I had ( still have) a 7mm mag that had a little hard trigger pull, so I installed a wide trigger shoe, it work just fine all summer at the range no problems.... came fall I toke it moose hunting, the first day out the rifle on my shoulder walking on the woods, the trigger shoe with the rifle movement cut on my jacket and fire!!! Thank God no one got hurt .... I remove the trigger shoe and never again!!!

Boolit Buddy
    I assume it is used? If so, I always tear them down and clean them - often there is grit on the trigger assembly, the spring, etc.
    if there are obvious burrs on the surface I will use well-oiled 600 grit paper with a flat backer to gently smooth them - take it slow and test it often. Anything more than that I take to a gunsmith.

Boolit Master
    i have the same shotgun, i removed the trigger assembly and it did'nt look to easy to do a trigger job. maybe one day when i've nothing to do, i may tackle it. a good cleaning would'nt hurt it.

I did tear it down and gave it a GOOD cleaning and inspected it to see if I could help it any.
    I did think about getting some fine sand paper( I have some 1200 grit) and try it but want to yield to someone that might know more about this gun then I do. =)

This will only be a range gun for now...shooting slugs and buckshot I have cast.....

Thanks all for your input....
    It Is Intuitively Obvious To The Most Casual Observer With The Least Amount Of Experience

My Feedback

Update:

I did find an excellent video on YouTube that goes in detail how to strip the trigger group. I will tear it down all the way an clean real well and take some fine sandpaper to it. here is the video if anyone is interested...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orfhDVzesoM

My Feedback

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    The Win. 1200 utilizing a rotary bolt not unlike an m-16 is probably the fastest operating pump shotgun in the world!I always liked it as it is a big sort of shotgun which I like! These shotguns were issued by the ARMY and used in Vietnam during the war which says something about their durability!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Mold
    Hello, sorry for the resurrection, but I have been doing some work on my 1200. Great shotgun, very reliable and accurate. I find the trigger pull is a bit on the heavy side. To complicate things, the trigger is quite narrow. I did a bit of trigger ironing on it which smoothed things up slightly. Other than using a trigger shoe, there does not appear to be too much that can be done as the interface is a very small area. About the only other thing I can think of to do would be to very slightly take away some of the depth away from the notch in the hammer. For now I think I will live with it as is.

PS: I very much like this forum as this is where I find the information I need and the ingenuity and knowledge found here can be found in few other firearms forums.
    Last edited by fat tony; 03-23-2016 at 02:09 PM.