Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big five selling primers in California!!

Boolit Buddy
    I called big 5 as soon as I saw this, I bought 4k primers

The way I see it, it's still only 4.5 cents per primer instead of 4,
    hello.

In Remembrance
    What is this tax you guys keep talking about. It is sure nice to just pay the listed price with nothing added on.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    I escaped CA nearly 4 years ago and the CA DMV still sends me stuff. Yesterday I got a new Handicap hanger. My CA drivers license had expired 2 years ago, the license on my truck expired 3 years ago, but they are still spending money on/with an Oregon resident...
    And let you drop your insurance they are there the next day to take your plates away!! Around here they drive with expired tags all the time and they only get caught if they are in a wreck...even then they pay a fine and off they go never having to pay for your damage. The state gets theirs, we get the shaft!!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Mason View Post
    I called big 5 as soon as I saw this, I bought 4k primers

The way I see it, it's still only 4.5 cents per primer instead of 4,
    What big 5?
    I'm trying to figure out if they will start selling reloading gear,,,
    Hope for change.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lka View Post
    What big 5?
    I'm trying to figure out if they will start selling reloading gear,,,
    in roseville, outside of sac.
    hello.

Boolit Master
    Checked the local store, sold out at $44.95 per thousand, I refuse to abet the insanity.

I saw large rifle at the Big 5 in Irvine, CA.
    Visit my page at www.echoarms.com for casting, reloading, and firearms accessories as well as FFL services in Southern California.

Like my Facebook page: Echo Arms

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by thehouseproduct View Post
    I saw large rifle at the Big 5 in Irvine, CA.
    Cool!

Well today is there big shipment for the week, I will stop by and see if they got more, I hope the cooler gun friendly dude is working
    Hope for change.

Boolit Buddy
    Just stopped by again because They got their shipment in this morning, They did get a new shipment of primers, They have 209s win for 58.97 +tax and whatever fees if any, that seems very high lol, I have a shop near by that sells them for around 30 as of a week ago, I'll need to call him on Monday to see if he too had to raise prices per Manufacture, He refuses to raise his prices but I'm sure he would've manufactured did......
    Hope for change.

Boolit Bub
    I'll have to stop by my local store.

Thanks for the tip

Allen

Boolit Grand Master
    I don't know of a "DOJ fee" on ammo or components (yet), but 8.25% to 10% sales tax takes a pound of flesh at every purchase.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 462 View Post
    Checked the local store, sold out at $44.95 per thousand, I refuse to abet the insanity.
    I'm with ya, 462. At $45/1K, I'm sure their profit margin is close to 100% of wholesale. If users pay those prices, there is no incentive for retailers to lower their greed level.
    Last edited by 9.3X62AL; 05-31-2013 at 09:46 PM.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    I'm with ya, 462. At $45/1K, I'm sure their profit margin is close to 100% of wholesale. If users pay those prices, there is no incentive for retailers to lower their greed level.
    That is my thinking. lol
    After the young lady at wallmart rang up my brick of 22lr rifle last week, I told her she should just put them back in that locked case they have started keeping them in. lol

Why not just order primers online. I just got around 50K for an average of under $20 per K. Some were as low as $17 per K, the 556 NATO primers where kind of high. I had to wait 6 weeks or so for the order, but I had plenty of primers on my bench since I place an order like that twice a year. Last time I was right at $18 shipped per K, this time it is a little over $19 per k shipped, only because the NATO primers where $30 more per case.

Boolit Master
    Yes, I buy quanties of powder and primers from the on-line wholesalers, but buying one brick or one pound, locally, would be advantageous -- only if the prices were realistic.

Boolit Grand Master
    I don't frequent Big 5 a lot, but needed a new small pocket knife--so I stopped in yesterday at the Ridgecrest store. Sure enough, they had Winchester primers for sale in some numbers and various sizes at $45/1K. I did buy a nice little American-made Buck pocket folder, but managed to avoid the primers deftly.

Boolit Master
    Here in phoenix as well. 45 per k, sounds like they saw the profit margin and what everyone else is charging so they decided to sell. Some prices were even cheaper than bass pro. They had quite a bit of 556 and 223 ammo as well

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by lka View Post
    I wouldn't doubt if that's the new price when the smoke clears.
    Still seeing $Thirty-something online, plus shipping and hazmat, of course, but if I lived close enough...

I don't regularly go to local establishments which may possibly have primers. They're few and far between, and by the time I pay for gas and figure my time into the equation, it becomes a toss-up in respect to a few clicks on the mouse and then waiting for UPS.

Dale in Louisiana

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale in Louisiana View Post
    Still seeing $Thirty-something online, plus shipping and hazmat, of course, but if I lived close enough...

I don't regularly go to local establishments which may possibly have primers. They're few and far between, and by the time I pay for gas and figure my time into the equation, it becomes a toss-up in respect to a few clicks on the mouse and then waiting for UPS.

Dale in Louisiana
    So true. Primers were 20/k for winchester last year at gun shows. But that didn't include admissions parking and gas and tax. $14/k online was one of the best decisions I made

Boolit Master
    During the Clinton shortage Winchester came back with a decent supply of primers about 6 months to a year earlier than the rest of the suppliers. Then came CCI then Remington and last was Federal.
    EDG

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast