Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Im done.

Boolit Master

Im done.

I am done with this site. I cannot believe some of the posts regarding our Veteran threads.
    I am tired of the little pissy comments and attacks on some of our other members. When I joined here, it was not so. It is just dang disgraceful.
    Enjoy your opinions.
    I understand that everyone has a bone to pick, but through the Pistols and Handcannons, the Military rifles section, etc. I am sick of the rude posts.
    God Bless BruceB, "Uncle" Larry Gibson, Jim, and all the others that give their soul to this forum only to put up with this type of attacks.
    Sorry, but some of yall need to grow up.
    Out.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by x101airborne View Post
    I am done with this site. I cannot believe some of the posts regarding our Veteran threads.
    I am tired of the little pissy comments and attacks on some of our other members. When I joined here, it was not so. It is just dang disgraceful.
    Enjoy your opinions.
    I understand that everyone has a bone to pick, but through the Pistols and Handcannons, the Military rifles section, etc. I am sick of the rude posts.
    God Bless BruceB, "Uncle" Larry Gibson, Jim, and all the others that give their soul to this forum only to put up with this type of attacks.
    Out.
    Airborne, this site is better with ya putting them boneheads in place than we will be without ya.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    Agree with the above post by Bzcraig.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bzcraig View Post
    Airborne, this site is better with ya putting them boneheads in place than we will be without ya.
    Yep. I don't comment much, but I enjoy your posts and agree with almost every position you have taken.

Trolls will be trolls.

Ah geez, what'd I miss. Airborne, stick it out. There's always a couple of bad apples. Just make cider with them.
    R.M.

The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike..........Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Grand Master

Seems I missed something. Trolls will be trolls.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

x101: So if you walk what have you achieved? You leave behind a great site and 99.9% the great people. You're better off staying and standing up for what you believe in. Tell you what. I'll make you an honorary Kiwi and send you some purple longjohns. Can't ask for better than that.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Master

Enjoy your opinions.
    Out.
    X101, this is common when a site becomes too popular. When it's starting out and small, there's a great sense of community. As it grows, there is a middle-ground where the site owner has too much size and traffic, but not enough income to pay the bills. Eventually, the site grows big enough that advertisers sign on, but by then, the sense of community is lost. I've watched it happen at several sites, including this one. Frankly, I had hoped the community of bullet casters was so small, this place wouldn't get this big, but I was wrong...

At GlockTalk, I moderate a sub-forum, and I visit ONE other subforum, and I go on there pretty infrequently and participate even less. I've learned to pick out the "corner" that feels most important to me, and avoid the rest of the place. I also take breaks from the forums. I'm taking one now, in fact. This is probably the first time I've posted here in months...

I hope you hang in there and find a way or two, like I have, to continue without getting too irritated.
    Group Buy Honcho for: 9x135 Slippery, 45x200 Target (H&G68), 45x230 Gov't Profile, 44x265 Keith

E-mail or PM me if you have one of the following commemorative Glocks you'd like to sell: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.

Boolit Master

Trey, I hope you'll reconsider.

You are truly a great part of this community, and your input is valued.

Brandon
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    I as well wish you would not go, you certainly add a lot to the site! Even though I clearly missed something because I have been too busy to post or read as much the last few days as usual, I really do hope you stick it out with us!

I know there are those on here that seem like they will jump into a thread ready to fight for no reason, but there really are many many worse sites out there with little to no moderation compared to what we get here, where the guys really do try hard to keep the place sanitary and civil! This site really does feel like family after awhile, and it would be a shame to lose you. For a youngster like me the chance to learn and be treated so well by the members here who are so far my elders and know so very much about guns and shooting is invaluable, to lose a contributor like yourself would hurt the overall quality here by a little bit.
    Plus I look forward to your threads about hog trapping!
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Boolit Master

Stay and don't let them drive you away. As has been said, you leave and you leave a big hole that will be hard to fill. This site needs folks like you to help offset those that are a little too self absorbed to understand what is really going on in our corner of the world.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master
    x101airborne, I hope you'll reconsider and stick around. You're one of the good ones.

Most of the folks on this site are or seem good, honest and well-meaning.
    Please don't let the minority depress or frustrate you to the point of quitting.

smokeywolf
    Last edited by smokeywolf; 05-28-2013 at 04:44 AM. Reason: punctuation
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

In Remembrance
    A Texan throwing in the towel, hmmm unheard of. Hopefully we can change your mind.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Who's been talking * to our little brother?
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

In Remembrance
    We used to do a pretty decent job of self-moderating around here but now we have too many newbies who get their feelings hurt when someone calls them on their BS.

That's not all new folks here, but for damned sure a good sized majority.

We need to be calling these fools out and showing them the door. I, for one, don't want our moderators having to constantly be on the prowl lest we end up like that High Road place or worse yet, The Firing Line. Every time I follow a link over there and explore a bit, I shake my head at the "fist of God" moderating that takes place.

But maybe now I'm beginning to understand why if the members won't stand up for their own home. . .

I'd still be in the weeds someplace if I didn't have you guys to learn from. Where else will we get help from those who have 'been there, done that, and know how ii works'. Please don't give up on us dysfunctional noobies yet.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

I have learned to just ignor the folks with opinions that differ from mine. The aggrevation that some folks initiate is not worth getting worked up for. There are to many good folks here and if we just do not give those seeking attention that do not deserve it they will go somewhere else. Hangin there and get thick skinned.

gmsharps

Boolit Master
    Lots of n00bs in these days. They will troll around with their arrogant attitude and pass people off, they won't be around for long. Once they've leeched what information that need or realize it is too difficult for then, they will be gone. (not all n00bs, some are genuine) don't sweat them airborne

Boolit Master
    Thank you all. Maybe I just needed a cooling off.
    I have NEVER had to report posts to the mods in my three years here. And in the last two weeks, i have reported a handfull.
    I have openly called people on their behavior, and did it respectfully, I thought.

And if I am ready to leave, I guess it wont hurt me saying how it is and why it gets me.
    Scottiemom posted a real nice thread thanking our Vets. And some rude ******* (yep, I said it. Go ahead and look at me funny) said something to the effect of.... And you couldn't have posted it somewhere else?
    BITE ME. Scottiemom can post anything anywhere she likes. As can anyone else. Fricken Jerk.
    And this is just a sample of the most current comments that are just chapping my hyde. My ignore list grows and grows.

And in a way, I do feel like I was a little selfish. I should stay. Under two conditions.
    1. I get those Kiwi purple longjohns
    2. I am going to ask to be a Mod.

Someone said "A Texan throwing in the towel??"
    They were right. I have never ran from a damn thing in my life and I aint gonna start now.
    Guess we gonna fight it out, right or wrong.
    So tape them knuckles and get ready. No more whining. Time to take the next step.....
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Master

Thank you all. Maybe I just needed a cooling off.
    I have NEVER had to report posts to the mods in my three years here. And in the last two weeks, i have reported a handfull.
    I have openly called people on their behavior, and did it respectfully, I thought.

And if I am ready to leave, I guess it wont hurt me saying how it is and why it gets me.
    Scottiemom posted a real nice thread thanking our Vets. And some rude ******* (yep, I said it. Go ahead and look at me funny) said something to the effect of.... And you couldn't have posted it somewhere else?
    BITE ME. Scottiemom can post anything anywhere she likes. As can anyone else. Fricken Jerk.
    And this is just a sample of the most current comments that are just chapping my hyde. My ignore list grows and grows.

And in a way, I do feel like I was a little selfish. I should stay. Under two conditions.
    1. I get those Kiwi purple longjohns
    2. I am going to ask to be a Mod.

Someone said "A Texan throwing in the towel??"
    They were right. I have never ran from a damn thing in my life and I aint gonna start now.
    Guess we gonna fight it out, right or wrong.
    So tape them knuckles and get ready. No more whining. Time to take the next step.....
    Nicely said Trey.......it does get very aggravating

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast