Thread: Please pray for my nephew

Prayers sent from Alaska

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Don standing.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	82788
    Quote Originally Posted by shadetree25 View Post
    Don update: He has been home for a few weeks! He has been going to Hendrick Rehab in Abilene Texas. He left out tonight, going back to Dallas for more rehab! This place is called, Project Walk! New kind of rehab concentrating on standing and walking! Has evaluation on Wednesday, Workout on Thursday and Friday! With lots of prayers, he WILL walk out of there soon!!! Please continue with the prayers for continued miracles!!
    Today in therapy at Project Walk, Dallas! AMEN!!!
    Last edited by shadetree25; 09-25-2013 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Add text!

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning and Praise to our God of miracles ! That rejoices my heart !
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

A long haul but your vertical!! Will keep prayers commin!
    J
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Buddy
    This is great news! Prayers going out for him. God is great.
    NRA Life Member
    OGC Member
    USPSA Member

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    Thomas Jefferson

In Remembrance

Don has been home from Dallas for a few weeks and is now taking therapy in Abilene. This week he pedaled an exercise bike some and is making gains. He was happy to get home to his family and has a great outlook and attitude. We are still believing for a full recovery.

In Remembrance

Don is making the trek to Dallas 3 days a week for more aggressive therapy and is making gains due to very hard work. He has been given a new house that is under construction that has handicap ramps. He has declared he will never use the ramps, but will walk up under his own power. He has been a hardworking, goal oriented person all his life and the accident has only enhanced that character.

Boolit Master

Prayers sent.
    Gun control is not about guns.

Name:	Don and Callan.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	84749 Don went to the farm today to let his son, Callan shoot his gun! Prayers are producing miracles every day!

Quote Originally Posted by shadetree25 View Post

Name:	Don and Callan.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	84749 Don went to the farm today to let his son, Callan shoot his gun! Prayers are producing miracles every day!
    Today Don was taking a test drive in his OWN truck! It is a used Ford Sporttrack complete with hand controls! God has brought him a long way since Memorial Day!!! Praise the Lord!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Don.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	88004

Boolit Grand Master

Amen and Praise God !
    I still am praying for the day Don can walk freely again. May God heal all those internals and show His Almighty Power to reconstruct.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Boolit Master

I stand in agreement with you Mike..
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Two Tracks View Post
    I stand in agreement with you Mike..
    Quick update: Don is having custom made leg braces made and he is supposed to try them on Tuesday and get them finished the day after Christmas! God is GREAT!

prayers sent

In Remembrance

Don tried out the braces and they really seem to help, keeping his knees from buckeling. He was given an arm peddeled bicycle that he can really make go.

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    Thanks for the updates. It is marvelous to read the kindness of individuals to help.
    Will just keep praying for the day he walks about again. May the family have the help they need in these days.
    Mike in Peru

Don continues to improve daily with your prayers! Awakened to the realization that life will never be the same, they have decided to sell their beautiful boat! He knows it would be impossible to get in and out of it. They still have to make a decision about their Travel Trailer. He has to make a trip to the lake and try to get into it from his wheel chair. If not, it will be for sell also. He plans to keep his golf cart because it is offroad capeable and he can have hand controls put on it.
    It is heart breaking to make these decisions because he worked so hard to get and use all of these things and now have to give them up. Funny part is the boat is a 2009 model but only has 14 hours on it! He would take it out to different locations in the lake, anchor and swim with his two Kids!
    Enjoy all of the things you now have because life can change instantly and your priorties will be completely different!

Boolit Man

I've really appreciated these updates and want to raise my hand in prayer for Don along with the rest of you.

I was in a water-skiing accident about 25 years ago and it really messed up my right foot and changed my life. Only a miracle prevented it from needing amputation, and it's not the way it used to be. I quickly realized that my self-worth is more than just flesh, bone, and muscle. "Normal" is a state of mind, not a physical reality, so in that regard I have to put "normal" in quotes. I determined that whatever would happen with my foot, I was going to be OK. My "normal" was just dandy, thank you... My prayer is that Don feels pretty much the same way. Just his story alone has really impressed me.

Don's "normal" is just dandy, thank you! Rock on, Don!!
    Trochilids, Living in The Great Land

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms." -- Samuel Adams, February 6, 1788.
    "Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?" -- Patrick Henry, 1836.

Boolit Master

Some how I clicked on the wrong post. I have my own problems, but, mine are simple compared to Don's. God bless you, Don, and may you continue to heal. mikey

Boolit Master

Prayers in the name of Jesus for continued progress and relief of pain.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast