Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Wideners Load Data

Thread: My day so far...

My day so far...

Sunday; Memorial Day weekend.

Put a couple hundred pieces of brass in the polisher and let it go..
    Made breakfast for my wife and daughters - bacon and pork link sausages, baked @ 400F. Not much beats baked bacon - try it once and you'll never go back to pan fried. hash browned potatoes and scrambled eggs. Mocha's - hers with peppermint, mine with coconut. The girls had milk. Life is good.
    Pulled the brass out of the polisher, rinsed, and put on a towel to dry... although, I'm going to anneal it, so it didn't really need to dry.
    Setup my old laptop on the downstairs tv so oldest daughter can play her video games on it.
    Doggy-doo patrol and mowed the lawn.
    Grilled some burgers and a couple slabs of pineapple (honey and a dash of salt on the pineapple)
    We took the girls to a park so they could run around and burn some energy.
    Soon will be time to anneal some brass and then to call it a day.

January of this year was the first time since 2005 that I've been home on my birthday. I've been home since last August from my fourth deployment and found out last month that I'm not on the hook for the next rotation.
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil." - Doug Patton

Boolit Master

God's blessings on you and your family, soldier! From one vet to another. Soldiering makes family all the more precious, doesn't it.
    Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Glad you had a good day Coug91.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

Nothing beats a day with the family when you have spent so much time away from them. Now that I am retired I enjoy every moment with them. Congrats on missing the next rotation, as I know how hard it was on the wife and kids when I was gone. Take care and God Bless.

Best wishes,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Thank you... Ended up getting the annealer setup on the wrokbench, applied tempilaq to mouths of a few cases, and then watched the girls play a video game. Came up stairs when they were done and headed to bed. Watched TV with the wife units and called it a day. Life is good.
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil." - Doug Patton

Boolit Master
    Thank you for being there. I would like to think we may have met at some point in time. Good people and good (well some) times.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    My wife asked me today
    "What is the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day?"
    I answered "Memorial Day is when we remember the Fallen. Veterans Day is when we remember the Survivors."
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.