Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is Canister Powder! 25 lbs in one can

Yeah, I was gipped but I deserved what I got. I bet some of those cans have more than 1lb. in 'em, if not I want my money back!

I consider myself beyond fortunate. I was running low and the powder gods smiled on me. Here's to many burnt offerings!

The Maine Powder house is about an hour and a half away and later this summer he'll have 10lb bags. Now that I've handled a quantity of powder I'm comfortable with it and compelled to stockpile more.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swheeler View Post
    That's one BIG firecracker you got there! I'd probably seperate into one pounders too.
    +1

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Daiute View Post
    The top is marked Dupont/Superfine/ Gunpowder/FFg

Mark
    FFg isn't superfine is it?? I thought that would be FFFFg.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FLINTNFIRE View Post
    I would love to have a 25 lb can , but alas the state I live in only allows us 4 lbs in our residences ,
    That's ridiculous. We have a 1 lb limit here but it's not enforced. If your law were enforced, I think I would have to set up a dozen dog residences in my yard.

Boolit Master

Before I retired, I worked for a regulatory agency and 5 of those kegs were found in an old dilapidated barn by landowners who recently had purchased the land…

I investigated and since it involved explosives, our blasting inspector was called to look at them…

They had to be disposed of so they were hauled to a local surface mining operation where a shot was being readied to shatter overburden above the coal seam being mined…

The black powder was dumped down several shot holes and the holes were loaded with anfo, dynamite and a primer as is the method…

The alert siren was sounded and the shot was put off…

A rumble, the shot bench move upward several feet and settled back down…

The black powder was gone forever…

Two of the cans were completely full, one had been partially used and two were empty…

All was not lost as the picture shows. I put a pipe through two of them and filled them with concrete…

I now hook them to the 3-point hitch on my tractor and use them as counter weights…
    And so it goes…

BCB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000_1477#2.jpg  

If anyone is interested in the keg it's now over in the swappin and sellin section (with more photos).

Thanks,

Mark

Boolit Bub
    Sorry to hear about Dale. He and I used to do a lot of gun shows together back in the 60's. Interesting guy, to say the least. "Ever what it takes" was one of his favorite sayings.

And I worry when I pour 50 pound bags of cracked corn out for the chickens and see all the fine corn dust wafting over towards the barn with the old wiring and light switches. Glad it's you pouring that black powder and not me.

Boolit Mold
    That can is old for sure.It has Dupont on the side.That is pre-Goex.Let us know how it shoots.

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!
    Quote Originally Posted by wlc View Post
    Never seen the big cans of blasting powder, but the can in the pic says "Black Rifle Powder". I'd love to have an empty can for display.
    I have. I've had both 3f and blasting powder in the same size cans and the only difference was the paper label glued to the lid......and the grain size of course. I gave away that blasting powder to the first guy who wanted it..........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12