Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: British Rook Rifles?

Boolit Master

British Rook Rifles?

Hello, you don't see too many of these little guns around, but was wondering if any of you have owned and/or shot cast in one of these?

Boolit Grand Master

I had a Martini .300 Rook rifle in the late 70's and rechambered it to .357 since Rook cartridge brass was virtually non existent then. Shot it in that caliber for a while and finally got tired of it and lined it and chambered for .218 Mashburn Bee. The Bee was and still is one of my favorite cartridges.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    I owned a piper rook rifle in 360 rook. This cartridge is similar to a 38 long colt with an outside lubed bullet. I never got around to shooting it with black powder but did shoot quite a few rounds loaded with HBWC bullets and red dot powder. My son when he was small thought of it as his buffalo rifle and we spent a lot of time plinking in the back yard with it. I sold it a year or two back as I was no longer shooting it since my son grew up.

Boolit Bub
    I have a little H&H I picked up years ago, sweet handling little gun. Mine is a 300Rook, cast 90gr .301 bullets for it. Brass is hard to come by, but, you can use .32 long colt for it, or trim 300 Sherwood to length. It's in need of a barrel liner or a new barrel now, but, it is a great little gun. It was built about 1887.

Boolit Buddy

Dont see many in my area but, I have a martini in 380 long. I use 38 long colt cases from starline(thanks cowboy action guys) cast a lyman 135 gr swc beagled out to .364" or commercial hbwc and 4 gr of unique.. Fun
    John

I owned for a short while a .380 Rook. Used to shoot a .375 CBE heel boolit in it. Shot not bad. Presently shooting a .310 Cadet also.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I have an Army & Navy. 360 No.5 which I rechambered to accept. 38 Special brass. While groove diameter is. 366", it shoots wonderfully with ordinary. 38 Special 148-grain hollowbased wadcutters, either in factory loads, or handloading soft swaged HBWC bullets with 3 grains of Bullseye, which gives about 880 fps from the 25- inch barrel and shoots on at 50 yds. with the original sights.