WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 NCBS photos by Lagene

quilbilly,

I was not there, but I heard rumors the Buck, built a special Rifle for Martie! If that is untrue, just tell me I don't know what I'm talking about!

But ...Bee... careful how you tell me, just kidding,
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    Martie's rifle in that pic.is a HOMADE (by Buck) action..Best recall here is that it's a 25/20.. I shot that rifle 2-3x and it is a real shooter. That gentleman is a serious talent.... Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Master
    You are right. That 2520 is an amazing shooter.

Boolit Master
    I talked to Buck, today! Although he doesn't post here, he does read the forum, and he generously agreed to allow me to share some photos and the details of the rifle he made.

In his own words:

"The rifle that Martie was shooting at the NSCB is a homemade, miniature single shot, striker fired, falling block chambered in 25-20. I hacked the action out of mostly 4140 steel using a small EMCO lathe and mill --only takes me about 500 hours so I save a lot of dough! Fun though. I stole ideas from many of what I thought was the better of previous designer's work (Martini, Houh, Lechner, Borchardt) and tried to meld them into the simplest design I was capable of producing --a few glitches, but we're quite happy with it. Attached are some photos and a copy of the sketch I drew to build it from. The barrel is a Green Mountain that I machined tapered octagon. The main problem with is that it seems to shoot better for Martie than me.

'til later, Buck"

Thank you, Buck!!!

Don
    Last edited by obssd1958; 07-28-2013 at 10:26 PM. Reason: fixing the picture links

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    Nice Job
    looks similar to a Hoch action
    the thing that threw me in the OP, looks like a T/C Hawken stock, with a falling block
    one again Very Nice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12