RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Military Rifles I Have

Boolit Bub

Military Rifles I Have

I have a few....12 Mosin Nagants, including a Remington and two New England Westinghouses, 4 Mausers, a K98 and three Yugos, 3 Swiss, a K31 and two 96/11 conversions, 2 M1 Garands, a Springfield Armory and and an H&R, 2 Lee Enfields, a No.4 Mk.1 and a No.5 Jungle Carbine,3 Steyr M95's, an Austrian, a Hungarian, and a Bulgarian contract, and a Japanese Type 99 Arisawka. For pistols I have a CZ52, a CZ82, a M85 Nagant, and a Romanian TT-33 Makarov. Also have a Winchester 95 lever action chambered in 7.62X54R. A design made for Russians during WW I, but I don't think this one ever made it to Russia....no Russian proof marks on the barrel and was it was not modified to accept charger clips. By the serial number it was manufactured in 1916, probably after Russia defaulted on their payments because of their Red Revolution.

Boolit Master

1895 in 7.62X54R? Nice!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

I have a few but not a collection like that! Mauser K98k 1944, Turkish 1938 mauser, Swedish 96 1900, SKS from China, Lee Enfield no1 mk III 1916.

My milsurps have been through some war, except the SKS and the Swede. I often hold my Enfield and wonder who else looked down those sights and what they saw on the other end in 1916,17,18 in France. If only we could know exactly what these arms have been through.........

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
    Also have a Winchester 95 lever action chambered in 7.62X54R. A design made for Russians during WW I, but I don't think this one ever made it to Russia....no Russian proof marks on the barrel and was it was not modified to accept charger clips. By the serial number it was manufactured in 1916, probably after Russia defaulted on their payments because of their Red Revolution.
    Might this have been a rifle in another caliber re-barreled using a surplus 7.62X54r barrel left over from the Russian contract?
    The 7.62X54r sounds like a great combination with the model 1895 action. Is there any sign of lug setback? Some milsurp Russian ammo may be too hot for the 95 action, as the .30 M1 Ball proved to be.

If I had a Winchester model 1895 in .303 or .30-40 it would be the pride of my collection.

Boolit Master

Well over half of the 1895s produced were 7.62X54R. Shame no more of them are floating around.....

Boolit Master

me...
    1895 Mauser 7x57..................95%.........all matching
    Rem Rolling Block #5 7x57......75%
    Enfiled Mk3 #1/.303...................90%......all matching with bayonet...manuf in Australia
    Enfiedl Mk4 #1/.303...................90%......all matching with bayonet...manuf by Savage

Boolit Man
    1912 Chilean Steyr Mauser in .308, its been beaten around the bush a few times in the last 100 years

1941 Obendorf RC K98 Mauser 8mm

1945 SA M1 Garand in .308 All parts are period correct except for the new Criterion barrel and stock set

Rock River NM AR

H&K G3 parts kit on a PTR receiver

AMD-65 on Nodak Spud receiver
    Last edited by Worn_Holster; 05-22-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    That 1895 is high on the cool factor. I have a picture somewhere, can't remember where I found it, but it shows Russian troops in the trenches wearing gas masks and carrying 95's. I don't know if it was a staged photo or not but it is neat!
    -William

"How air ye fixed fer meat, Del?" --John Johnson Crow Killer, The Saga of Liver-Eating Johnson

My Feedback: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...t=stonecrusher

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by EMC45 View Post
    Well over half of the 1895s produced were 7.62X54R. Shame no more of them are floating around.....
    I remember when I was working at a gun shop back in the early 70's, we took a '95 Winchester in on trade in 7.62x54R. That thing stayed on display forever. A few people looked at it, but put it back when they saw the caliber.

If I only knew then, what I know now (not that I know a lot now), I would have snatched it up!
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Master
    Scored a 95 in 54R and an AG-42 on a TDY years ago out west, traveled with FFL's in pocket - one never knows. Russian marked with small block repaired top wood, little frosty in the pipe. Still I giggled when I slid it into the Russian collection and the 42 rounded out the Swede pile. Warmed it up several times over the years, not bad at 100 years or yards. Gtek

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Sound like a real nice pile of iron ya got there and that 95 is the jewel of it all . Congrats .

Jack

Boolit Master

I have only held one 95 that was for sale in my life. It was an -06. Still very cool though. Only one I had seen ever in person.

The 95 is on my list in any cal...
    High Hook

Boolit Master
    years ago you could not give them away in that cal. a lot were bought and rebarreled some by winchester even. i have a 95 in .35 and .30-40.

I only own a Lee Enfield No.5 June, 1945 so it dates for WW2 barely. It is in great shape with all matching sn. and once D&T for a scope making it very affordable. My wish list includes an original N0.4 Long Branch and a Pacific Ranger Winchester 94 in 30-30 some day. A bonafide Canadian military WW2 lever, now that is cool!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Grinch View Post
    I remember when I was working at a gun shop back in the early 70's, we took a '95 Winchester in on trade in 7.62x54R. That thing stayed on display forever. A few people looked at it, but put it back when they saw the caliber.

If I only knew then, what I know now (not that I know a lot now), I would have snatched it up!
    There isn't much that we can't say "If I only knew then...". Racks and Racks of Rolling Blocks imported around 1960 to 62 or so - dirt cheap even by the income standards of the day, US double Eagles $125.00, Lahti 20mm and Boyes .55 caliber AT rifles by mail order, US DCM surplus M1 Carbines $27.xx delivered by REA. I could go on, but I'm just depressing myself.
    Ed

CW3 USA (Ret)
    VFW Life
    American Legion
    DAV Life
    NRA Benefactor
    TX State Rifle Assn Life
    SAF Life
    NY State Rifle and Pistol Assn Senior Member because I don't have to fight that fight in TX
    JPFO Member
    GOA Member

Boolit Buddy

I own a few-M1938 8x57 Turkish Mauser,Swedish 6.5 M96 all matching parts,Chilean 95 7x57, 1918 M98 Gewehr 8x57,M1 Garand CMP H&R Service Grade, and a nice Sporter made from a large ring M98 in 8x57.

Boolit Master

Ed,

My dad ordered me one of those Carbines back in the early 60s. I worked all summer mowing lawns for the $20 to pay for it.

Para82,

You just got 'a be an old 82nd Airborne trooper with that user name.

As you guys can see, I'm pretty well stuck on Springfields. Even the Rolling Block is a Sprinfield Model 1870 Navy Rifle in 50/70.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Boolit Buddy
    1903 Greek.
    NRA Life Member
    USMC Life Member

Boolit Buddy

Scharf,
    You guessed right. Aco 1/325 and Cco 2/505 PIR. Still have the "keys to area J" and some "Canopy lights for night jumps" LOL. NIce Springfield collection by the way.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast