Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
WidenersSnyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An Actual Reloading Store-Not a Gun Store

Boolit Master

Cool An Actual Reloading Store-Not a Gun Store

I just got back home from a reloading store here in town I didn't even know about. It was stocked with about everything one could want as far as reloading goes. I picked up an Lyman M die for 44 Rem Mag and some Tula Small Rifle for $33.00/K. Selection of powder, primers and casting tools was limited but they had a very nice selection of Missouri Cast Bullets. Lee, RCBS, Dillon and Hornandy were very well represented. I even saw a 100 bag of Privi Patisan 7.62x54R brass for $47.00/100. The owner is a caster but they were sold out of most everything for that. Profire in Indianapolis. I would probably never have heard of Midway or Graffs if had I gone there first.

In Remembrance
    Boyscout, tell your friends about this place, it is hard for small businesses to stay around and pay overhead, when lots of the general public would rather shop from the comfort of their home. I am more of a hands on buyer, and love these types of shops, but they are getting harder and harder to find.

Sure wish we had a store like that here.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

Boyscout...is that the shop azerigan owns whose on ingo.com?
    I'm 1 1/2 hrs aways to the south.....I think it's time for a roadtrip

Boolit Master

Here is the link for Profire:

http://www.profiresupply.com/

Wish we had a store like this, that was a little closer! Looks like a great place! Everything for the reloader, and classes too!

Hope this helps.
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Grand Master

I've kicked around opening a store like this one, decided I probably couldn't pull it off in today's business climate. I used to shop at a store like Profire but they had guns as well. They catered to the active shooter/reloader and had a huge quantity of components and equipment. As mush as I like Midway, Buffalo Arms and Track of the Wolf I'd rather patronize a brick & mortar store than an internet site-based company.
    Starmac is right, support this little shop and tell all your friends. We need to keep folks like them in business.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy Nocturnal Stumblebutt's Avatar
    I'll be making a drive up there as soon as I can, thanks for the heads up.

Boolit Grand Master

When my wife was alive we would make a yearly run to Fort Wayne Indianna to go to Sinclairs for things we needed. Was a great trip. Now sinclairs is gone to brownells and to far for the drive. They were a true reloading accuracy store where good products and information was readily available. Now its once a year a Camp Perry when comercial row is going. I need to con them out of a new ball cap this year though. Springfield armory is the same too. This "new" shop may warrant firing the Thunderbird up dropping the top and a run from Northwest Ohio to check it out. But its not the same now since the wife is gone either.

Boolit Grand Master

I don't see shotgun loading represented. If it isn't he's missing a huge segment of the market.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    They had some wads and powder for shotgun but I wasn't really looking for that. Indiana Gun Club in Indianapolis (North East Side-Geist/Fishers) carries powder, shot and primers (CCI, Winchester, Cheddite) which I usually buy when I shoot trap there. The link KM101 posted is where I got my information before going today. IGC is also the vendor running the range at Atterbury and before the crisis they had a large selection of rifle and handgun powders.

The owner of Profire Arms is Andrew Hall.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Boyscout View Post
    They had some wads and powder for shotgun but I wasn't really looking for that. Indiana Gun Club in Indianapolis (North East Side-Geist/Fishers) carries powder, shot and primers (CCI, Winchester, Cheddite) which I usually buy when I shoot trap there. The link KM101 posted is where I got my information before going today. IGC is also the vendor running the range at Atterbury and before the crisis they had a large selection of rifle and handgun powders.

The owner of Profire Arms is Andrew Hall.
    Yup that's azerigan from ingo. Nice guy to deal with, as I dealt with him thru ingo on brass before. He makes alot of trips to places like hi-tech ammo in St Louis. He'll take order or at least he used to thru ingo and you could pick it up at his shop.
    He offers classes every month for people to learn how to reload.
    Very good guy, I'd forgotten about him, as I don't go to ingo much. Haven't been on that site in about a year.
    Looks like a road trip for sure coming up!

Mike, we could have gone today

Boolit Buddy

Was a place in Annandale,va called "The Loading Bench" was an awesome place, a reloaders and Ruger dream. It's been years since i lived there though

Just checked, they have been closed for years
    Last edited by ga41; 05-18-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Boolit Master

Here in Nashville, we have two reloading shops, one in nearby Mt. Juliet, The Reloaders Bench, and in downtown Nashville, A-H Reloading. Both are staffed by great local folks who are sharing our pain in this time of diminished supply.

Both are jewels in a sea of national big box stores and internet megagiants. Midway.usa had it's place, but you can't walk in there and find used lock rings for Herter dies or a used genuine H&G mold for sale

Boolit Buddy

Ya i like that store. Have no been there for a few months tho. He seems to stay busy.

Boolit Master
    Everytime I'm in Nashville I drive out to Mt Juliet to the reloaders bench. Great guys. They will just shoot the breeze with you. Been following one guys truck restore for about a year now. Great place.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I support both, my LGS and the online places. I spend about as much at both. I do buy a lot of stuff for a little higher price from my LGS rather than going to Wally World, getting something cheaper and getting frustrated in the check out line.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master

I'm thinking this coming Saturday I'll be taking a roadtrip there. I need:
    Powder got to look at my list in the shop.....it's extensive
    Primers....SPP for sure, maybe some LR and LP
    I feel a $500 shopping spree coming up if he's got what I want...glad I warned the wife!!

Boolit Master
    If you need something, I would call ahead. I think he was out of pistol primers. He had Tula Small Rifle and Tula Large Rifle. Powder was limited so I would call ahead on that too.

Boolit Master
    We have a store like that here in southcentral Pa.
    Name is Enck's Gun Barn...he sells guns , but he has a well-stocked reloading section. He is big into CASS, but sells all kinds of firearms.
    Generally has what I am looking for although the last time I was there (a couple of weeks ago) about the only die sets he had available were Lee. I guess the current situation has made it difficult to stock other brands of dies.

I am relatively fortunate in that I have at least 5 or 6 local gunshops that have relatively large and varied selections of reloading supplies. At least they did before the current shortages. They have been able to maintain some stock at one time or another of most supplies, even if I have to visit all of them to find what I need. with the exception of RCBS dies. Finding a set of RCBS dies for 9mm took some doing. A friend purchased a new Ruger 9mm and wanted me to reload for him. I already reload .357 and .38 for him, so it isn't a burden and he is my friend (not just an acquantance). I had to scour some pretty out of the way one-man gunsmithing shops and such to find an RCBS 9mm carbide re-sizing die and then struggle through about a 1/2 dozen ebay auctions to finally win a set of 9mm non-carbide dies. Still, none of the relaoading and/or LGS have had a single set of 9mm dies in stock in months (unless I wanted to buy Lee dies, which I do not care for).
    Pending some unanticipated issues with cast bullet availability, I should be able to throw an extra 1000 9mm rounds into the reloading mix in the next couple of weeks. Between loading about 1000 each of 38, 357 and 9mm for my friend each summer and keeping my son and I in ammunition(12K/year), I am spending more and more time with my RockChucker.

I think a Hornady or Dillon progressive press is looming in my near future.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast