Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: It finally happened

Boolit Bub

It finally happened

Finally my powder is being shipped and I can start reloading again after 10 years of not being able to reload...

The powder I am getting is True Blue and will be loading cast boolits for 9mm, .45acp, .454causll and .357mag. I have never used TB and ended up buying it because that is the only powder I could find at the time. I downloaded the Ramshot manual but thought I would ask you guys for some input.

The guns I am loading for are
    Glock 17 - 9mm
    Glock 30 - .45acp
    Ruger blackhawk (old 3 screw) in .357mag
    Ruger SRH 454 casull

I am loading for plinking, accuracy and relaxing. If I use them in competition it will be against my GF to see who buys dinner, LOL

Do any of you guys have pet loads I can start with to get me on the paper?

Boolit Master

I can't help with load data, but I do like Ramshot powders...

If it's been that long since you've reloaded, it would be a good idea to read through your manuals again, even buy a new one...

Brandon
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Yes I agree about re-reading up on reloading. Also check out your reloading equipment making sure it is all cleaned and lubed where needed and in good working order.

Make a list of what you have along with a list of what you will need as sometimes things get misplaced over time.

You most likely have learned something new here about reloading, so apply it to your what you are going to use it for to get the most enjoyment.

Boolit Bub
    I have been going over everything, sent my press back to dillon for some much needed TLC after 10 years in storage, even purchased their DVD on reloading and how to set up the press. Safety first - I preach that to my employees and set the same example for them to follow.

Which calibers/powders do you have experience with (Ramshot)? I am interested in loading for my marlin 45/70 and soon a ruger GSR .308

hunter,

Ramshot TAC and Xterminator feed very consistently in my Dillon 550. I use both of them for 223 Rem. Ramshot has data for 45-70 using Xterminator, but I think this will be a hard powder to find because a lot of black gun folks like it.

I loaded a lot of true blue for a 1911 45ACP and it metered well and shot accurately. I primarily loaded 200g LSWC and 230g LRN boolits. True Blue is a bit on the slower burning side so you are going to use a bit more of it than some of the other pistol powders, but in todays reloading component market you gotta go with what you can find.

good luck

BB