RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Lee Pot has got to go

Sorry to hear about your Lee 4-20.
    I have owned one for about 1 1/2 years now and have not had any problems. I put clean lead in the pot, keep that screw adjusted on the valve, and it has been a champ. I have not had any dripping issues either. I use this pot about 2 days a week, about 40 pounds at a time( heat up pot, fill, pour, and fill up and pour one more time).
    I do keep a small Lodge cast iron skillet( 6" diameter) under it to catch any stray lead. The Lee is so much more affordable than anything else. The Lyman and RCBS pots are 5 times the cost of the Lee. Magma makes a 40 pound MasterPot for $575 that looks sweet, but I have not the funds for that one yet.

Boolit Bub
    I just started thinking yelling screaming, and cursing everytime I fire up my lee pot was just normal operating procedures. After 1/2 hour of fighting these out of control lead running, it does pretty good.

Boolit Buddy
    I will take the troublesome pot and dispose of it properly. No need to clean the cursed lead off it either.

Boolit Grand Master

Mine made an art statue a couple times while warming up, but I've never had the problems others describe. I also have the other mentioned brands, and they will do the drip drip, as well if dirty metal is allowed in them.

Quote Originally Posted by zidave View Post
    I will gladly take it off your hands friend.
    Is that Dr. Rockzo, the Rock n' roll Clown" in your avatar there, zidave? He does cocaine, you know? Lots of cocaine.
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by PS Paul View Post
    Is that Dr. Rockzo, the Rock n' roll Clown" in your avatar there, zidave? He does cocaine, you know? Lots of cocaine.
    Yes sir, it is. The original version of my av, which was much more friendly, caused quite a commotion so I'm going with this version for now.
    Last edited by zidave; 05-18-2013 at 11:34 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Anyone who has one that does this and wants to retire it in my direction feel free to let me know, I am needing one to mess with.

Boolit Bub
    mine emptied itself once during the warm up. I've kept a pan under it ever since. I do get the drips as others here have indicated. I guess it's time for a cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by victor3ranger View Post
    Anyone who has one that does this and wants to retire it in my direction feel free to let me know, I am needing one to mess with.
    Ditto for me. Send that PM and I will respond!!!

Boolit Grand Master

FWIW; I learned very early, never walk away from a machine while it's running and I apply that to lead pots too! I find something to do around the shop while the lead is melting, but stay in the same room, and keep an eye on the melter...
    My Anchor is holding fast!