Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Resizing Cases, need lube advice

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    anyone got a suggestion on a different lube?
    Bag Balm at your corner drug store
    Regards
    John

Boolit Man
    Dillon case lube. Which is just lanolin and alcohol.

The lee case lube works fine for me.

Boolit Buddy
    Rive been useing RCBS lube and there lube pad works for me.
    I just got done prosessing 1K of 223 it took quite some time to compleaty prosess it but I hand not one stuck case. When they started getting a little hard I added more lube to the pad I like everyone I have stuck a case before thank goodness for RCBS stuck case remover.
    Flip

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by fish0123 View Post
    The lee case lube works fine for me.
    I never had good luck with that stuff.
    I bought a "jar' of Sharp Shoot R Royal Case Sizing Wax in 2008 and after several thousand rounds loaded I still haven't used a quarter of it
    you get a 4oz jar of it for the same price as the Imperial 2oz tin.
    I have used it for sizing from 380acp through 50BMG and have yet to have a stuck case. even using it to stretch 223 case necks to 30cal to make 300 AAC brass

Boolit Buddy

Ended up getting a can of Mink Oil, slight bit on fingers then quick twist of the case between my fingers. Havent had a stuck case since, and seems to take a whole lot less muscle on press to resize them.
    The problem with our society is a decline in morals, only the people of this once great nation can choose to correct that problem, morality cannot be regulated by our government.

Dissolve 10% Lee Resizing Lube into 90% denatured or 94% isopropyl alcohol in a pump spray bottle. Spray your cases right in the bin, tumble them around a bit, wait 5 minutes for the alcohol to evaporate and you shouldn't see another stuck case.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by drsfmd View Post
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/758...-lube-4-oz-tub

I'm fond of Hornaday's Unique Case Lube. That $5 tub will last you a LONG time-- I've done probably 5,000 cases with it and used less than 1/4 of the container. I use my fingers to spread it.
    I concur 100%.
    I tried this stuff on LC 5.56 and touching it with my finger then touching the case will lube plenty, then I run a couple cases with no lube. No sticking at all. I'm impressed with this stuff.

Moderator Emeritus
    Concur on Hornady Unique, used to use Imperial but Unique is at least as good at a fraction of the price for a lot more. No brainer really!

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Master

For serious reforming and heavy duty sizing I suggest our Bullsize case sizing lube
    Dan, what do you use to remove it? I got some from you once when I ordered bullplate, alcohol won't remove it, like it will other lubes. I don't remember what It took to remove it, but I gave up on it because alky took the midway spray lube and imperial off real easy.

IIRC it took acetone, but that stuff evaporates so quickly, you don't get any "life" out of it. Paint thinner? I'd hate use it, the smell gets to me after a while.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Buddy
    Hydraulic jack oil thinned with alcohol Has been my go to case lube for years. It doesn't take much and I haven't stuck a case yet.

Shad
    I believe in gold, silver, & lead, and the rights of free honest men... You can keep the "CHANGE"!

Shad

I use the Lee resizing lubricant.(in the white tube) Never had any issues with it. It can be mixed with iso alcohol and sprayed on also.

Boolit Grand Master

Long time ago I remember reading that the RCBS case lube is STP re-packaged.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

I just small base sized 1000 machine gun fired 7.62. I tried a lot of lubes. Some of the older than rock forum members suggested lanolin. I had a small tube of lanolin from years ago to make BP lube cakes. I would wipe a small amount on my finger and swipe a light ring around the case about 1/2 in from the shoulder. By far the slickest of all the above mentioned case lubes. The tube of lanolin is about 3 inches long and I probably only have enough lube left to size 40 thousand more cases.

I have a Lee case trimmer that I can chuck into my drill. After I trim and chamfer, I grab a cloth or paper towel and grab the brass as it rotates and wipe off the lube.

Works for me. And all my 7.62"s.

Last edited by 762 shooter; 06-09-2013 at 07:44 AM.
    Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lksmith View Post
    I bought a "jar' of Sharp Shoot R Royal Case Sizing Wax in 2008 and after several thousand rounds loaded I still haven't used a quarter of it
    you get a 4oz jar of it for the same price as the Imperial 2oz tin.
    ^ I really like the Royal case lube. Prior to finding it, I used Imperial and the Hornady wax. The Royal is superior to both, and they are superior to any spray or commerical tube type lube.
    Its not the AR-15, its the PG -13.

I use 3 in One oil and had better sizen then ATF and I use to use lyman case lube but too many problems then I use 3 in one oil no more problems I use it on the pad and roll them.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Buddy
    The trick to the One Shot is spraying so the inside gets hit. You have to lube the neck also. I use a Qtip and hit about every 4th case.

I've had good luck with the original imperial sizing die wax as many have said, but I've got to try some Bag Balm, I'd never thought of that before.
    "Life's a lot simpler when you plow around the stumps". Richard Miller

Boolit Master

My go-to for many years has been 91% alcohol-anhydrous lanolin 6-1 or so in a pump hair spray bottle. Shake well before using.

Boolit Master
    I use Imperial for normal sizing.
    Mystic JT6 grease will handle the most severe case forming operations.
    EDG

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast