MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Resizing Cases, need lube advice

Quote Originally Posted by KYCaster View Post
    Go to the nearest electrical wholesale supplier and ask for wire pulling lube.

At about 8 bucks a QUART, you, your extended family, friends and all your neighbors will have enough to last several life times.

Works at least as well as anything I've tried, and better than most.

Jerry
    YES! I have been using GB Wire Pulling Lube since the middle 90's. It smells & feels exactly the same as LEE Wax lube. It can be used wet, or let it dry. If left to dry inside the case necks, it eases tension on the expander and it does not need to be removed from inside the necks. If used wet on the outside of cases, just a damp cloth will remove it. A quart can be had from any home center, such as Home Depot, Lowes, etc. $4.00 a quart @ Lowes.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_89173-1781-7...ube&facetInfo=
    Last edited by enfieldphile; 08-03-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I recently re-formed a batch of 200 30-06 cases into 7.7 x 58 Japanese. I used air tool oil as case lube. I used a piece of bike spoke wire with a bit of cotton string tied on the end to swab the inside of the case mouth. I would slightly dab the outside of the case, and then rub it on with my finger tips. No stuck case. No money spent, I’ve had that bottle of oil for fifteen years.
    I don’t have tumblers. Everything gets washed with hot water and Dawn dish soap. Then dried in the oven.

Boolit Grand Master

Over the years I have use a lot of different things for lube. They all worked although some worked better than others. In recent years I have settled on two. I use Imperial when neck sizing, applied with my fingers and Dillon spray lube for all other sizing jobs.

If someone gets anything from this thread, it looks like just about any good lubricant will get the job done. I've never used the spray types but people like it & report few problems using it. If the OP is having problems I suggest making sure the die is clean & polished. Clean brass throughly before lubing if they are real cruddy.

Once I found myself in front of my press starting a large bucket of .223 brass needing sizing. I sprayed the cases down really well with WD-40 & mixed them thoroughly with my hands. A few hours later they were all sized & I had a sore shoulder. Needless to say, all the brass had to be wet tumbled to get all the "lube" off!
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Boolit Bub

I started off with RCBS and the pad. I’ve been using Imperial for a couple of years now. They have the wax and the powder. Both work quite well. I haven’t tried anything else since then.

Boolit Master
    GONRA's pretty sure the small cans of paste lube you buy are repackaged die drawing lube.
    STP Oil Treatment and Tri-Flow Synthetic Grease are what you want for difficult case sizing jobs.

Boolit Master

I bought a container of Alemite CD-2 (tells you how long ago that was!) and am still using from that container! So give the current type of loob additive a try. I tumble my cases with about a kidney-bean size blob - don't need much!
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)