MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: .311 round ball in 20 ga.??

In Remembrance

.311 round ball in 20 ga.??

Anybody ever try? In a 2 3/4 shell how many could you fit in in what arrangement? That mold is easy to come by.
    Does anybody make a cheap mold for #4 balls, .24 diameter?
    Since I have a 7" .45 acp insert barrel, and can load 265 gr. SWC, and shoot pretty accurate, and CHEAP, I really don't feel the need to load a single round ball. And it sure is fun shooting that .45 acp in the old H and R.
    But buck might be cheap and easy. I just want to dump the # 7 1/2 shot from the $6/box rounds and replace with buck shot.

Thanks.

Boolit Master
    Try this guy:

http://buckshotmold.com/

Its a 20 cavity mold.
    You have the right to force me to pay for the feeding, housing, clothing, education, and medical treatment of yourself and your children when I have THE RIGHT TO FORCE YOU TO PICK MY COTTON!

Section 1 13th Amendment to the Constitution:
    "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

I load 3 inch 10 ball and 2 3/4 inch 8 ball using commander wads with the petals cut off. I place a 28 gauge nitro card in the wad, like vdo does with his slug loads, and stack the balls two by two. Works great. I use longshot and IMR SR 4756 and fold crimp them since a roll crimp turns into a four part opening because the balls have so much area that does not have any lead. BTW, I use the Lee mold.