Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: High standard double nine

In Remembrance

High standard double nine

Anybody shoot these, love it, hate it.
    How do they compare quality wise with other 22 revolvers?

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Don't have the Double-Nine, but have a Sentinel which I use as a ladies trainer, more accurate than my 3" Colt Cobra .22LR, 2-inch 9-shot 25 yard groups off sandbags with CCI Standard Velocity.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

In Remembrance
    Well I picked one up at the gun show this weekend (probably paid too much) I don't have a clue what they usually go for.
    It seems to be pretty tight, trigger pull is a little much as a double action, but nice using it as a single action, which I do anyway.
    Mu late uncle had a high standard for years ,but it was not the double nine. His was scary accurate, but he was a guy that made offhand shooting handguns look very easy too. It was not near as accurate in my hands. lol

In Remembrance
    From what little info I found, according to the serial number, this one was made in 59. If so it is older than I presumed it to be, but the gentleman that owned it was getting on up there himself, so maybe so.

Under the serial number it is marked W-100, does anyone know what this designates? I have found no info on the markings.

Boolit Buddy
    W-100 is the model number. The ones I have get shot more than any other .22's we own. A couple of teenagers can burn up a brick of .22 in record time with those little nine shot swing-out cylinders!

My Dad had one when I was growing up, I wish I had ended up with it. I used it quite a bit as a teen and really enjoyed it. The gun shot as well as I could, it was pretty easy to connect on ground squirrels, various rabbits and grouse. Dad did not like the fake staghorn grips that came on the thing so we laminated some heavy skirt leather together and ground that down to match the grip frame. Not real aesthetic but sure got the job done and made for a very positive grip. As I said I sure wish I had the thing today, good shooter. JW

Boolit Grand Master
    I inherited mine from my Dad. It's a "W104" and has a 10" barrel.......the same type gun used in the Sharon Tate/Manson murders. I swear it's got a 20 pound double action trigger pull.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

In Remembrance

I had one in the late sixties/early seventies that I loved. It was really accurate and it broke my heart when the frame was broken in an accident. I have been tempted to buy another a number of times, but the current prices on the internet sites discourage that.

Moderator Emeritus

http://www.histandard.info/

This should be all you need to know. I have 5" and a 3 3/4 "Sentinel's that are very accurate. The actions are the same IIRC. A fun experiment is to label one cylinder and shoot at nine stickers 5 times so that you index the groups by cylinder hole. One of my guns puts the group 1 3/4" right @ 25 yards. They are fun to play with, mine are butt ugly and in need of bluing. I am not in either one over $225 including shipping and transfer fees.
    Last edited by MT Gianni; 10-14-2015 at 11:36 PM. Reason: spelling clarification
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

In Remembrance
    Maybe I didn't over pay then.

Boolit Master

I have my grandpa's 6" and my dad has one. First pistols I ever shot and have killed many snakes and squirrels with them. A x-girlfriend's grandpa had a 10" that I used a couple times that was an absolute wonder, I have seen 22 rifles that wouldn't outshoot that thing. Shoot the **** out of it and treasure it.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

In Remembrance
    Belive me, once it's here it has found a home. lol It it turns out to be a shooter(and that is subjective as I am not the best shot with a hand gun) it will stay till I'm gone or give it to a grandkid.
    It is actually in pretty nice shape,(appearance wise) some honest holster wear, but not much at all for it's age.
    The story from the old timer was he lived in MT and bought it for snakes, didn't use it after he relocated to Ak.

Boolit Buddy
    Get a nice old western style gun belt in a kids size to go with it, strap it on a grandchild, and watch the big grin start.

In Remembrance
    It actually came with a somewhat worn (broke in good) but nice western belt and holster. It id not kids size, but not for a big guy either.

Boolit Master

I worked on one with some broken springs. Even when I replaced the springs I could not get reliable Firing pin strikes in the single action mode. It was accurate though.