Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: E Arthur Brown rifles

E Arthur Brown rifles

Any experience with this manufacturer? I am looking for the ultimate single shot cast boolit rifle without spending thousands. The caliber would be 30-30. I am a member of the Cast Bullet Association and don't think I have ever seen a reference to this rifle line which seems a little worrisome. Those fellows seem to shoot a little of everything.
    Dick

Boolit Master
    Borderman,
    I almost bought one, but then I bought my 2 nd Sharps, I will probably get one, maybe that's next.
    I have looked at and shot a 30-30 & 357. The owners love them.
    I talked to Eban about chambering & cast boolits, and triggers. He will work with you on both(1 1/2 lb trigger is light as he will make it). His "Standard in stock" are priced reasonable, but if you have to order one of his rifles, it may get pricey. They are not as heavy or as large as a High Wall, but they are a good shooter and if you are going to carry it all day in the field...... I also like the French Grey/Blue finish.

Jon
    Col 2:13-17

Boolit Master
    BTW,

He makes the BF pistol which is very popular in the Silhouette crowd. Same basic reciever for the rifle.

Jon
    Col 2:13-17

borderman,
    I don't own one but have handled a few and know buds that have them. They are a strong action, very crisp block, and are accurate. Good price too.

Boolit Master
    I have a BF in pistola mode,30-20. One of my favorite to play with CB's in.
    I hate to smear anyones good name, but have read some pretty bad reports on the BF's as of late. It seems he is making his own barrels. From what I have read they are terrible.
    I kind of sort of would like a new BF, but they are priced way over my budget. I think they went up a while back, at or over $1k and a long wait.
    Jeff