Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: Baco .434470

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar

Baco .434470

I asked BACO to make a modification to their 44 caliber bullets and they were kind enough to do it. Got the mould last week and cast up a batch. Today I got the first chance to shoot them in my 44-77. Had two loads one with Olde Eynsford 2f and the other with 1.5. Both loads held an honest 2moa when the wind didn't blow me clear off target at 800 yds.
    Temp was 91* and the humidity was at 15%. The fouling from the Olde E stayed very manageable.
    The2f loads (74 grs) only took 1 damp and one dry patch between shots, the 1.5 took 2 damps and a dry. I think a bit more compression on the 1.5 loads and they'll shoot just as clean as the 2 did.
    Very happy with this new BACO bullet , cast from 20-1 it comes in at .434 diameter and 480 grs. Wrapped them in Seth Cole 8lb patches cut 1 inch wide. The wad stack was 1 muzzleloader original dry lubed felt wad, and 1 rubberized cork wad punched from my Cornell wad punch. Cases were Jamison primed with br-2's.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Don, nice to hear your getting excellent accuracy with the new BACO PP mold and Ole E'
    ...wad stack was 1 muzzleloader original dry lubed felt wad, and 1 rubberized cork wad
    Also nice to hear your using my favorite wad materials, especially the felts - lubed and dry felt is my favorite. I use a lot of cork in my 32-40 with good results also

Am going to Ridgway next week with various calibers to compare KIK to Olde E'. All the rounds have dry felt felt wads, 0.09 and 0.130"
    Regards
    John

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    John this felt is impregnated with some sort of wonderlube 2000 or such, what ever it is it sure works, along with that rubber cork gasket.
    You're going to find the Olde E faster and a softer foul than KIK. Up until today I hadn't seen much for accuracy but today I got an eyeful. Especially when I went to reshoot what I was considering a "Quigley" load. The tank buster bullet at 1.1 inches and1.35 long loaded with the same wad stack, and the paper treated with jojoba after the bullet is seated, and with no more fouling control on 10 rounds than a blowtube able to keep the rounds that the wind didn't take in an honest 2 moa group, with several rounds touching.
    All shooting today was done at 800 yds.
    Now I'm thinking serious about another 10 lbs of 2f. I do have enough 2f left to load for the gong match Saturday in Casper , so I may wait until after I shoot that match to make sure it's working the way I want.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.