RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Doesn't Anybody Drive A Ford

Boolit Buddy

I would rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy.

Bill

Boolit Master

While I like Toyota's, my pickup is a Ford. Fifteen years old and still perking along. I change the oil myself, every 6 mo. or 5K miles, whichever comes last. Since I retired the miles don't pile up very fast.

The only problem I have is with the dealer. It is a good thing that this truck has been very trouble free because if it wasn't I would have to find a decent Jack-Leg mechanic. Better that than the dealer.

I couldn't think of anything to keep on topic so I'll go along with the hijack.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Buddy

Fords and only Fords, 2001 F150, 2000 Mustang, !967 Galaxie Hardtop 390 C.I. no problems with any of them.
    eveready

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    I would have left fast too! Looks like some heavy work Rick.
    Looks like you are getting help from aliens like the pyramids!
    Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    Reminds me of Edward Leedskalnin's work. Gear
    Not a pyramid or a castle but I have sure learned what 20 year olds are for.

As for the question in the OP, yes some of us do drive Fords. Your choices are send your money overseas, buy a car from the gubment or drive a Ford. Yep, I drive a ford.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Banned

Nice looking segmental wall cbrick. Installed many of those segmental walls. If you prep the base properly, will outlast all of us and then some.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    As for the question in the OP, yes some of us do drive Fords. Your choices are send your money overseas, buy a car from the gubment or drive a Ford. Yep, I drive a ford.
    My last 3 Fords were built in Canada. Ditto my last two Dodges. Well I guess that's not "overseas". My Honda and Toyota are made in the USA.

Yeah no more Government Motors for me, either.

Boolit Grand Master
    My Toyota was made in Texas, does it get much ore American than that?

For our purposes in a lube or cleaning solvent does the type of ATF really matter?

Banned

"My Toyota was made in Texas, does it get much ore (sic) American than that?"
    "My Honda and Toyota are made in the USA"

Well, buying a car from a Japanese car company now is buying "American" ???
    Last edited by jmort; 05-12-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    It was built by American labor. Many "American" cars are built overseas.

The old union "American made" line doesn't work these days.

I don't pretend. I drive an American MADE truck. It is also very reliable. I am not pretending anything.

I am somewhat insulted that you imply that buying a "foreign made" car is why Obama got re-elected. He didn't get my vote. This line of logic actually sounds more like the line from the unions that support him.

Banned

I just don't get how buying a car from a Japanese car company qualifies for the statement that "Does it get much more American than that?" I say "no" As for the insult, that was not my intention, just don't get how buying a Japanese car, regardless of its origin, can somehow qualify as "buying American." I agree with the proposition that the UAW buried the U.S. auto makers.

Now I don't know whether to buy a Ford made in Tokyo or a Toyota made in Tennessee.

Boolit Grand Master

While assembled in the U.S. is a good thing ask yourself where most of the parts came from AND where do all of the profits go? Now how American is that Toyota?

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Banned

From toilet paper NYT - but it interesting nonetheless. Click on most any car you want and you find out where the car/truck was assembled and where the transmission and engine were made.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...-plants-4.html

Boolit Master

While assembled in the U.S. is a good thing ask yourself where most of the parts came from AND where do all of the profits go? Now how American is that Toyota?
    According to the label on my Honda, 75% American, 25% imported.

In other news, the Japanese 5-speed transmission in my Canadian built Dodge truck is about the only thing in it that hasn't given me any trouble.

I rang the buy American bell for decades and I'm just tired of getting screwed by foreign built **** with American name plates on it. I'm not talking Fiesta's I'm talking Taurus and such.

When is the last time an American company designed an engine? Just how American is your car now?

HF

Yeah, the UAW really designed some crappy cars, remember the ones you had to pull the engine in order to change a spark plug, and those rusting out rear windows the union workers designed. They really killed the US the auto industry.

Now how American is that Toyota?
    Somehow very. See for yourself

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PR_US_MAP_nostates[1]_6.19.12.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	70401

I wont pretend that all the capitals stay in the US but the company provide very good job for a lot of americans family.

Boolit Master

1972 Dodge pickup, 1977 Dodge 3/4 ton Pickup, 1969 Plymouth Barracuda, and our two favorites: 1990 and '95 SAAB turbos.

Edit to add: Almost forgot our family snowmobile: 1989 Chevy Suburban
    Marty-hiding out in the hills.

Boolit Grand Master
    My Tundra was made with 75 percent American made parts and was assembled in the US. As for profits, with a global economy does that really matter any more? How many "American" businesses are owned in large part by foreign nationals? Is Chevy stock owned solely by Americans?

I bought with my brain, not my heart. My brain said buy Toyota. Matter of fact, so did my mechanic and many others I asked. Good enough for me.

Well it is starting to sound like all the automotive companies have taken a turn for the AMC structure just in a globalization structure.
    Last edited by OnHoPr; 05-13-2013 at 07:09 AM.

1978-79 f-350 with a 460 are some of best trucks on planet earth to this day. Simply bulletproof drivetrains serviceable for many lifetimes. They absolutely do not make them like that any more.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast