Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: In stock alert lee312-155

In stock alert lee312-155

For those wanting a decent mold for 300blk or 7.62x39, 13 in stock at Titan.

http://www.titanreloading.com/molds/...d-c312-155-2r-

I've been shooting this in 300blk and it's a great design for plinking and full function in an AR.

Boolit Master
    Yep thats my go to bullet in the 300Blk and '06!

Boolit Mold
    I don't mean to come in and hi-jack a thread with my very first post here, but I just ordered one of these. I'm an experienced reloader, but I'm new to both casting and the 300 Blk. Is there anything special that must be done to these bullets in order to fire them in a .300 Blk AR? I know that I'll want something oversized, but I didn't know a .311 would work in a .308 chamber. I just want to make sure my bases are covered.
    Thanks in advance for any help/ advice... Now I'll go do a proper introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb326 View Post
    I don't mean to come in and hi-jack a thread with my very first post here, but I just ordered one of these. I'm an experienced reloader, but I'm new to both casting and the 300 Blk. Is there anything special that must be done to these bullets in order to fire them in a .300 Blk AR? I know that I'll want something oversized, but I didn't know a .311 would work in a .308 chamber. I just want to make sure my bases are covered.
    Thanks in advance for any help/ advice... Now I'll go do a proper introduction.
    No hijack, no apology needed. Welcome! I'm new to casting also, this was my 3rd mold and second for 300blk. You won't be able to shoot these "as cast", they come out at .312 water dropped. I use the lee .309 sizing die and tumble lube kit. I also age my bullets about a week before lubing and sizing. Don't try to push them too fast with tumble lube. Maybe someone more experienced will pop in with more insight. I usually just jump in with both feet and figure out stuff along the way.

Banned

4 left, I bought one...

Quote Originally Posted by 338RemUltraMag View Post
    4 left, I bought one...
    A complete newb Pm'd me on a 300blk forum about how and what with these in 300blk, I referred him to you for checks. Only ones I've used on this bullet to date, thanks. They work great!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter7 View Post
    A complete newb Pm'd me on a 300blk forum about how and what with these in 300blk, I referred him to you for checks. Only ones I've used on this bullet to date, thanks. They work great!
    Thank you! I love free advertising!!!

I got to do some high speed testing with these, they shoot the same size groups as hornadys at 2400 fps. I would love a second opinion.

Boolit Master
    Are these the new style LEE moulds with the locating pins like a N.O.E. mould?

Yes, new style. Much better than the old horizontal pins.

Boolit Buddy

Got mine last night. Very nice looking mold with the new upgraded pins. Fast shipping and good prices!

Banned

I must say I am impressed with the mold itself, I cleaned up the sprue plate with some 400 grit and seated the alignment pins deeper by .001 to get full closure when hot. Other than that there isnt a bad thing with this boolit.

I am going to take out the screws tha hold the blocks on the handles to see if I can keep em from flopping around as much (tiny copper washer) but that is a personal preference not a required touch.

Boolit Bub
    I've been using this boolit for years with great results, I just wish Lee would do this in a 6 cavity.

Boolit Buddy

Anyone using this in a Garand? Results?

Not yet... But I will try it soon. Just now starting to load ought six. From the reading I've done, seems most prefer a heavier bullet which is the opposite of everything I've read about loading for the M1, guess cast boolits are a different animal.

Boolit Buddy

Jupiter,
    That's what I was wondering as the Garand was designed around 150 gr. bullet. I'm interested to know how it does for you. I was hoping the Carnauba Red lube (2700+ fps) would handle this boolit at it's designed velocity. What a deal that would be!