RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 17 Months-cancer fight

Boolit Master at heavens range

17 Months-cancer fight

Well its been that long now, 9 weeks now I had the bottom lob taken out, 10 days in hosp. out now 7 weeks, went back 6 weeks ago and told Doc. the pain was horrible, put me on one pill ever 8 hrs. for nerve endings and can take 2 moriphone now ever 2 hrs. That works fine, sleep alot, doc got on me about lifting a gun of the rack,said if I tore the stamples lose and ruputor I would be a alot of troubles. Ever morning my lungs are filled up and dont need a clock to get up.. I pulled a few weeds 2 days ago and pain is bad again and I am trying to get off the dope, I can run the TV fipper good now, lost 20 lbs. in 2 weeks, cant gain it back. Ribs sore yet. I go in next week to start chemo to kill the cancer in the other lung, Doc said no more surgey, said they lost me once and didnt figure I would come back again. The good lord
    said twice afterwords it wasnt my time yet. I bought me a M1A to look forward to now and make it right with the lord. You dont know how your prayers have help, a few more for the chemo to work will be appritaced, Thank- you guys, Joe
    Last edited by smokemjoe; 05-09-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

You'll be in my prayers, Joe. Good luck getting off the dope if you can, it doesn't agree with some folks. Fight the good fight with the chemo, that M1A sounds like fun and you need to get better to find out.
    Keep us posted.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

In my prayers,
    Olaf
    Sheep Dog
    Minutman
    Boyscout
    Contructionist
    Patriot

Banned

You are an inspiration. Your strength is to be admired. You deserve any and all prayers we can give you. I will be praying for you every chance I get. Your Brother in Christ John.

Boolit Master
    Joe, best wishes and may God keep you in His good graces. Frank

Boolit Master
    You have never been very far from our thoughts and prayers since we found out about your trouble, and you will continue to remain a priority! Good luck with the chemo and may God bless.
    R.D.M.

Prayers are incoming! I have faith that you will fire that M1A. AND, we better get a full range report!

Best of luck and keep the spirits high!

Boolit Master
    Joe,
    We're still pullin' for 'ya, and prayin' for 'ya. Adding a request for the Lord to ease your pain some!

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master

My prayers for you, Joe.
    Gun control is not about guns.

Hang in there. Pain meds are good if you need them.

Boolit Master

Joe - Prayin for Ya. Plenty of shootin in your future.
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Hang in there Joe! I too have faith that you will get to shoot that M1A. Take all your meds and follow the Dr's advice! The Lord and the Dr's. will get you through this.
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Master
    Will say a few more prayers for you, but it sounds like you have set your goal and will keep fighting towards it! Good luck, you will be in my thoughts as a Cast Boolit Brother, and if i could come over and pull those weeds for you i would. Prayers for you from our lips to His ears friend!
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Best of thoughts & wishes for you Joe, and Prayers are always for your return to health and a complete recovery.

Best
    jcwit
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master
    Joe:
    Prayers for you from your neighbor in the next state. Your strength and courage really are an inspiration. And by the way - I really enjoy shooting my own M1A. It's a fine rifle and you've set your sights on a great objective with your determination to shoot yours. Hang tough and keep up the fight. I'm looking forward to reading your posts about how that M1A performs.
    Uncle R.

Quote Originally Posted by olaf455 View Post
    In my prayers,
    Olaf
    Ditto for me Joe.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    Prayers sent , hang in there Joe.
    If you are unwilling to defend even your own lives, then you are like mice trying to 'negotiate' with owls. You regard their ways as 'wrong', they regard you as dinner. John Farnam

Boolit Buddy

Ruther Glen,Va. Recently escaped from Peoples Democratic of Illinois
    Found out three days ago my father is starting down the path you are already traveling except they said surgery was not an option. Needless to say I will add you my daily prayers.

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.
    Joe
    I'm a two time survivor now. I was finally declared that everything is "normal" (12 April 2013) since being diagnosed in Mar 2011. Some fights are harder then others, but remember you are NOT ALONE! There are brothers and sisters who have gone down this path, and made it. And there are brothers and sisters out there who will help carry the load. I received a lot of knee power that was sent my way. And I see a lot going your way as well. I'm sending you some myself. Hang in there. Remember the trail of a thousand foot steps, starts with the first, and continues one after the other.

Boolit Master

It is good to hear from you Joe. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast