RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Unread Posts

Boolit Master

Unread Posts

If this is in the wrong place please move.

When I click on my "unread posts" I have no idea which one are really unread. Even when I click on every one of them I still have more. How do I tell which ones are really "unread?"

Banned

that is new posts since your last visit I believe.

Boolit Master
    This is as good a place as any since my question is about Unread posts...

When I look up at my member name where it tells me I have 13 unread posts. So I click on it & the new page only shows me 11 posts. This has happened with other unread post numbers where the # under my member name is different ( usually higher) than when I immediately click on it & go to the page where they are supposed to be listed.

Is this some sort of a glitch or am I missing posts??

Thanks for any help.

Cast Boolits Owner

When I click on "un-read post" it take me to a page similar to the "Today" thread. First post listed are posts I have not read followed by a break which says "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts."
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    Yes. I have seen that. I have not been to the "Today" page. I have only been using the Unread post page. Just prior to this & how I found your reply was by clicking on the Unread post below my name. when I arrived at the Unread page I had 10 listings for posts on the page. I am not bothered too much by this, but I was wondering if something was wrong, or I was misunderstanding the system.

Thanks for the quick reply, BTW.

Cast Boolits Owner

It appears correct based on what you have said.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

You have to "click around" to educate yourself about the features of the forum. Be sure to read the advisories (stickys) at the tops of the pages.

Boolit Master
    I just logged back in & I see this in the top corner:
    -----------------------------------

• Welcome,

174 Unread Posts

-------------------------------------

and I see this above the Unread posts on the same page:
    ---------------------------------------

----------------------------------------

I checked to see on all the pages (4) if there were any posts like was explained earlier that say under the ""The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts." ". But there wassn't any.

I am confused, but no longer am concerned. I was just wondering if there was a glitch or I may be missing posts. I am including a screen shot to show what I posted above, if there is any more interest. And, as far as the Stickies & such. I have been poring over them like a crazy man & when I have a question I try to make sure I search extensively before asking. Like this question. I had not found anyone mentioning it. There may have been , but it is certainly possible with all the posts here that I missed it. It is great source of Information & I am very glad to have found it & been able to be a member.

Here is that screen shot:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Castboolitspage.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	189477

I am not sure how to make it bigger than it is, but it shows what I am talking about if you can see it...

Thanks for the replies!

Well, the little box in the upper right hand corner has the information that you are logged onto the site. Underneath your name it tells you how many posts you have not read as of that time. The Forum has many sub-forums, and if you click on the unread posts number they all come up on what is usually a very fast search, and saves you lots and lots of time that you would spend going through all of the sub-forums to find what's new and what's interesting to you. Then, below that is the current number of posts you have made on the Forum. I have found that after reading through the new posts and reaching "The threads below.......but still contain unread posts" that I'll still find two or three more threads that I have posted on that have accumulated one or two more posts since I last saw it--but that is only on the first page and in the first few threads. To me, the "Today" feature is of less use than the "Unread Posts" search feature because much of what was posted today is not of interest (to me) and finding what you are interested takes much longer because you have to view all of the individual posts rather than the thread titles. This site is very well set up, and just takes some use to get familiar with. Some of the great features are than you can post pictures, send and receive private messages, answer posts with quotes and even multiple quotes. What do they say..."practice makes perfect."

Boolit Master
    Thanks. I think I understand now... More posts were made in topics (whether I read them or not) since the time I clicked on the Unread posts. Thus showing more posts "hidden" in the topics since I first started looking at the Unread posts(<Upper right number), but not changing the number of topics.(< left side number)..

I appreciate both of your helping me out, & efforts to help me understand!

Thanks again!
    JB