Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pedersoli Enfield Musket sights Argh!!!!!!!

Boolit Bub

Smile

Hi omgb. I know this is an old thread, but I stumbled across it in a search for images of sporting sights for my recent purchase of an 1858navy Enfield, armi sport replica. Like most I can only use the std sights if I put the rear sight on the 200yd setting and hold 12" low at 50! If I may, I would like to share my solution to this problem.
    I made a front sight ramp and milled a hole in from the bottom, so it fits over the existing sight, then blued and glued it to the barrel with metal filled epoxy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_26a.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	248607

Name:	fullsizeoutput_276.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	248605

Name:	fullsizeoutput_273.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	248606

The rear sight is from an old Winchester Model 70 and is a good height match for the front. I had to raise both sights by about 7/16". Now I can comfortably get onto the sights.

You will also notice the muzzle protector/rod guide. It's machined from a piece of Fallow deer antler.

Boolit Master
    Best to make a rod from 1/2" wood curtain rod,walnut preferably,and put a knob on it...........two reasons ,one is the replica rod is a tempting target for light fingers,...Second ,its too short,and cant be seen easily before blowing it downrange.

Boolit Bub
    G'day john.k Pleased to meet you. I'll stick with the military rod and what else I've done to it is to make a small scalloped extension that fits the threaded end, just to give a bit more grip and to cover the sharp threads. (already cut myself on them) I will never be visiting a busy range, like say Belmont complex ( where I used to shoot) so light fingers won't be a problem. You'll probably remember John Michel? He had three pointers stolen from there when he was chief RO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12