Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Repackbox

Thread: Federal/CCI Press Release, Regarding .22 Ammo

Federal/CCI Press Release, Regarding .22 Ammo

ANOKA, Minn. – May 2, 2013 –

Federal Premium® Ammunition and sister company CCI® have dedicated 20 million rounds of rimfire ammunition to youth shooting sports programs.
    The Boy Scouts of America will receive 10 million .22 LR shells, and another 10 million will be sent to other organizations.
    This product sold at a discounted price will ship directly to the 4-H Shooting Sports, Boy Scouts and other qualified youth organizations.
    The ammunition distribution process was in cooperation with the Youth Shooting Sports Alliance (YSSA). Delivery is expected in May and will help ensure that many camps, shooting programs and trainings can occur over the summer.

The consumer demand for ammunition over the last several months has put a strain on manufacturers across the country.
    Both Federal Premium and CCI continue to run their plants 24 hours a day, seven days a week—as they have for years.
    Despite the best efforts of over 2,000 employees working around the clock, customers are having trouble finding ammunition.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master

good for them
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Banned

so no 22's for anybody for another year.

20 million rounds A YEAR?...they do like 5 mill a day...right?
    They call it "common sense". Why is it so uncommon?

Good news for the youth groups. However it is bad news for retailers and customers that can't get 22lr.

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    Part of the good news is that millions of Americans have finally come to the conclusion that the administration is in fact trying to destroy the Bill of Rights, so they want ammo for their guns too. Extra, out of the ordinary demand dontcha think? Their buying shows a change in mindset favorable to gun owners.

Your Grandma was a hoarder, so was mine....canning and preserving all the canned goods equivalents needed then to feed the family till the next harvest, and Grandfather took special care with the box of shells or 22s he had to buy. For them it was the depression, not the purpose driven present administration that caused the scarcity of money, work and goods.

BvT.

Boolit Man
    Very nice gesture by CCI. I am seeing much more 22LR showing up in my area and places I have traveled (western PA, southern Ohio, Northern Kentucky, Southern Indiana). Mostly Winchester and Remmington. Some federal but very little CCI. I stopped at Cabelas in West Virginia yesterday on the way home from Indiana and they had plentiful supply of primers and powder. They told me that they are getting 22LR frequently but the shelf space is emptied usually by 11AM. Unprecedented demand = unprecedented profit. It's nice to see that CCI is discounting to worthy causes.

Boolit Master

That's great news. For me, it's more important that the young ones get .22 ammo than me. Thanks for posting this.

Boolit Mold

great news... I know our 4-H shooting kids have been wondering if we could even have them shoot our county match. It has been a tough spring for them.

Boolit Bub
    This IS good news.
    I wonder if the Junior CMP counts?
    I know that our local group has been having a hard time getting ammo at a price they could afford.

'Sifrid

Alright guys mellow out a bit take a few breaths of fresh air and go look at Midway rimfire ammo listings lots of Fed,CCI & Agu showing up.

Boolit Grand Master

If the ammo is going towards youth groups to teach them gun safety and interest them in the shooting sports I can do without for a little while longer.
    Good for them to see that the only way we are going to keep the 2cd Amendment intact is to get the next generation shooting.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Man View Post
    Alright guys mellow out a bit take a few breaths of fresh air and go look at Midway rimfire ammo listings lots of Fed,CCI & Agu showing up.
    I dont know what you are talking about, but limited availability does not mean it is in stock of you look. I have a google program watching 22.lr ammo at midway, and it comes in infrequent, and sells out within a couple of minutes.

Boolit Master
    I was at a larger gun shop Friday afternoon when one of the clerks wheeled out two cases of cci mini mags. There were not a lot of people in the store and they have a three box limit per person. The ammo was gone in 15 minutes. I grabbed my three boxes before they sold out. Demand is huge right now and I think it will be for quite a while.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by historicfirearms View Post

I grabbed my three boxes before they sold out.

Guess why demand is huge ..............................................

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    the 22lr delima is a perfect case for owning and shooting guns that use ammo you can reload! 22LR's are a joke. Yes they are fun, but they are totally unavailable around AZ and most of the country. The ones I have I do not shoot......almost like silver! Mabe when we get the usurper-in chief out of the office in 2016, 22's will start showing up again. Until then, shoot anything else that does not put you at the mercy of non-reloadable shells!!!!!!!