Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: another postal match befor the snow flys

another postal match befor the snow flys

I am wondering if some one could hold another postal match, before the snow flies. I would like it before snow flies, because after it flies I can not find my target board in the 5 feet of snow that we get. if we do get a volunteer for the job I bet you can guess what gun I am going to use!

DANIEL / BS JR
    P.S.Of course it will have to be cast bullet again!

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Daniel, I can easily understand your readiness for another postal match, "before the snow flies." Especially now that you have a great shooting load for your .223. It's just not realistic to expect a lot of enthusiasm for a match this time of year. There's camping, fishing, varmint hunting, (I've shot 12 or 13 ground squirrels in my back yard this summer) and getting ready for big game seasons. Postal matches have been a fun activity for winter when there is nothing else to do. If I, at close to age seventy, can shovel two feet of snow out of my very long driveway, a spot by the mailbox for the RFD lady, and a path to the woodpile, a strong young buck like you should have no trouble clearing a path to his target board. Best regards, and looking forward to winter matches with you.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

NVCurmudgeon---At close to age 70 you shovel 2 feet of snow-----Come on give the kid a break. You know you are better conditioned for this sort of thing than a kid would be--heck you grew up walking to school uphill both ways barefooted 10 miles one direction and 15 the other in 6 feet of snow. (He is homeschooled--no chance for the experience you have). They only had one head of beef and he got shot. You had a whole herd and when they jumped over the fence you just grabbed em up and tossed em back over. You even had that one that got out every day from the time he was a calf and it was a daily deal plum up till he was a 4000 pound bull---and thats a lot of bull to toss. Besides that,you had a chance to be creative and play hooky. How's a homeschooled gonna play hooky? Cant say mom sick or granny passed away. Besides all that,they can't shovel snow at their house. Being a home school,their yard is the playground and they water it down and make it an ice rink---can't go shoveling an ice rink. You just don't want to compete with young eyes---don't blame you.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Daniel, why don't you run one? It's not hard to do. Set the match, have the targets sent to you, measure them, and post the results.

Speaking of snow, there was an inch in the Bob Marshall Wilderness last night. It is helping slow down some of the fires. Three boats sunk on the lake in the same storm.

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Ray, C'mon man, don't be revealing all the geezer physical conditioning secrets, let those kids learn how the way we did, by the Mark Twain method of creative prevarication. Remember, you need to have some ancient lore to keep you one jump ahead of that football playing grandson.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

NVCrumudgeon---I do have one bit of ancient lore to handle my grandson. Last year we wrestled at the pool. With my weight advantage,I could barely hold my own. I could easily tell if we were the same weight I was in trouble. I could also tell he didnt need much weight gain. He has put on 15 or so pounds and it appears to be muscle. I still outweigh him but don't think I could handle him now. I have that figured out--hope he doesn't. Actually so far he has been a pretty good kid and has never given me a bit of trouble. Thanks to me he has wheels now. I gave him my van and I'm very happy to see that the remaining miles on it are getting put to use vs my trading it or selling it for nothing. When I was his age,that van would have been a luxury car for sure. It has all kinds of features my car didnt have--AC,power steering,power brakes, power windows, cruise control, cd player,all that and it gets better gas mileage than my first car--not to mention it doesnt use any oil.

Quote Originally Posted by carpetman
    NVCrumudgeon---I do have one bit of ancient lore to handle my grandson. Last year we wrestled at the pool. With my weight advantage,I could barely hold my own. I could easily tell if we were the same weight I was in trouble. I could also tell he didnt need much weight gain. He has put on 15 or so pounds and it appears to be muscle. I still outweigh him but don't think I could handle him now. I have that figured out--hope he doesn't. Actually so far he has been a pretty good kid and has never given me a bit of trouble. Thanks to me he has wheels now. I gave him my van and I'm very happy to see that the remaining miles on it are getting put to use vs my trading it or selling it for nothing. When I was his age,that van would have been a luxury car for sure. It has all kinds of features my car didnt have--AC,power steering,power brakes, power windows, cruise control, cd player,all that and it gets better gas mileage than my first car--not to mention it doesnt use any oil.
    Doesn't the deep scratches in the metal and the bits of fur and blood stains bother him?