Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The perfect breakfast

Boolit Master
    Anyone tried guinea eggs?

x101airborne, I would think you would be touting Cowboy coffee or Texas coffee. To make Cowboy coffee you fill the coffee pot with water, get it boiling, drop in a pound of grounds. After that's boiled for 20 minutes drop in a horseshoe; if it sinks, add more coffee. Texas coffee is said to be too thick to drink and too thin to plow.

I like to dice up 2 large potatoes and throw them in the skillet with some bacon grease. Dust the spuds with garlic salt. 20 mins later add a large onion diced. 15 mins. later add a can of chopped corned beef. 10 more minutes and add a half dozen eggs. Dust with fresh ground pepper. Cook and stir until eggs are done. Serve with ketchup or salza.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

I wouldn't object to some bacon, sausage and corn beef hash on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    hard to beat morels for breakfast but we dont get them often here so heres my favorite breakfast. I fry two sausage patties (venison obviously) and scamble two eggs. Make two pieces of toast and place one slice of american cheese on the toast then a sausage patty then half the eggs and cover in sausage gravy. put the other slice of toast on top and then repeat the layering and top it all off with some more sausage gravy. Been my favorite breakfast since my days in the service.
    That sound like SOS deluxe.

Boolit Grand Master

hard to beat morels for breakfast but we dont get them often here so heres my favorite breakfast. I fry two sausage patties (venison obviously) and scamble two eggs. Make two pieces of toast and place one slice of american cheese on the toast then a sausage patty then half the eggs and cover in sausage gravy. put the other slice of toast on top and then repeat the layering and top it all off with some more sausage gravy. Been my favorite breakfast since my days in the service.
    Thank you! Homemade sausage rules! I figure if I ever run out of venison or wild pork sausage I'll just buy a few pork shoulders and muddle thru.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Where's the BACON. " A day without bacon is like a day without sunshine." Sounds like a good motto.
    Bacon and anything are good. My last Pizza was a bacon Pizza...
    .Gary
    Gary I was tuning the same thing. Homemade sausage is good, but the best breakfast always has bacon.

Guinea eggs taste just like chicken eggs to me but the shells are thicker. I actually like duck eggs a lot, much richer than chicken eggs.

Perfect breakfast to me is fresh tortillas, chopped fried bacon ends and pieces (different textures), skillet refried rice with green onions, cilantro, and creole seasoning, and just barely cooked scrambled eggs. Assemble on tortilla with sour cream and green sauce or sriracha and eat. Repeat as necessary with strong Colombian coffee in quantity.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Banned

Dont get me wrong i love bacon but for breakfast i prefer sausgae. Its just more substantial and filling. Homemade sausage gravy should be one of the major food group!!. Its great on anything. One of my other favorites with it is to chicken fry venison cube stakes and ladle sause gravy over it and my fryed potatoes and onions. Lay it on just like regular gravy. I could eat sausage gravy for breakfast every day but the ohters posters refering to corned beef has has my drewling too. I love the stuff but dont think to cook it very often

Boolit Master

Oh Yeah Lloyd, Venison breakfast sausage gravy over sourdough biscuits. Yummy....dale

Fried eggs over easy, bacon, and sourdough toast. My favorite.

Chicken Enchiladas with Spanish Rice and Hash Browns ... some fresh, strong, hot coffee and some Cornbread fresh out of the oven ... does it for me!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Enchalada brunch 002 (Large).jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	69357
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saturday morning breakfast 001.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	69358
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master

mmmm pictures of food . . .
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Master
    I am a real southern boy, 200yds north of Mexico.
    My most fixed breakfast shows that,
    For 4 thin machine made tortillas or 3 larger, thicker corn tortillas stuffing.
    A small potato, 4 oz., in a 1/4" dice
    Brown in a skillet
    chop a big slice of hot,strong onion
    chop a thin walled hot pepper
    add to the potatoes when the potatoes brown and cook until the onion goes clear
    lightly whip 2 eggs, pour on and fold a few times.
    Add some salsa or tabasco if the pepper was not warm enough.
    Papas con huevos, tex mex style.
    drinks, NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, CCRKBA, GOA, JPFO, CBA, Def-Con.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Scramble eggs that have been folded and chopped not whisked together like cake batter. Hash browns WITH onions. Fresh picked Morel mushrooms dusted in flour. All cooked with Land of Lakes real butter in cast iron pans, and don't forget the fresh ground black pepper and full body Columbia black coffee.
    You're missing the bacon or sausage.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    Every Saturday and Sunday is 2 eggs over easy and 3 strips of bacon, toast and tea, tea is 50-50 Earl Grey and English Breakfast with 1/2 teaspoon of honey. The other five days its Dunkin Donuts blueberry muffin and black coffee.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Typical Sunday breakfast at the Coug's house:

Oven baked thick sliced bacon
    Scrambled eggs, just a pinch of salt and a dash of fresh ground pepper
    Honey wheat pancakes with maple syrup
    espresso/mocha with chocolate and coconut syrup, topped with whipped cream & coconut (crumbles, stuff... I forget what it's called)

Life is good.
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil." - Doug Patton

Boolit Master
    We had a good Morel season here this year and I actually found more than we could eat. I gave the excess to older folks that can't get out anymore. One breakfast I used to enjoy was fresh hog brains in scrambled eggs when we butchered at the farm. We also made blood sausage from the hog we butchered.

Boolit Grand Master

Well, on the commercial side of the question: Cracker Barrel: Sunrise Sampler, eggs over easy,double the grits, double the hash browns, and bisket and gravy, and apple butter on the side bisket, and Black Coffee! Hard to beat, and no clean up on my part!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Well, at the J Lazy S J Ranch, a special Sunday breakfast for the Mrs. and son is a big plate of Cheese Grit Casserole (a recipe that I developed) through many a trial with their input...

The Dove

Banned

Ill take the morels but you can keep the hog brains. Guess im a bit of a sissy but i dont eat brains or guts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
    We had a good Morel season here this year and I actually found more than we could eat. I gave the excess to older folks that can't get out anymore. One breakfast I used to enjoy was fresh hog brains in scrambled eggs when we butchered at the farm. We also made blood sausage from the hog we butchered.

Boolit Master

This AM fixed 2 egg omelets with cheese, my "special salsa" and some fresh grilled Mayport shrimp. Later this week its sausage gravy. Family is in town.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Master

Ill take the morels but you can keep the hog brains. Guess im a bit of a sissy but i dont eat brains or guts.
    I'm gonna have to second that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast