Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, it was bound to happen. With the influx of new folks.........

Boolit Master
    This was bound to happen with the large influx of new re loaders from the gun ban scare and the scarcity of ammo and components.

Be patient, the idiots usually vet themselves in due time and can be removed accordingly.

Growing pains and it usually turns out for the better.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Boolit Buddy
    to follow Jailer...
    "It is better to be suspected of being an Idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Boolit Master

Point me to Em>>>>>
    Pick em out---drop em out---
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Master

The worst behaviour I've noticed lately is a few folks trying to continue or justify arguments from other forums here, hoping for a better outcome. This is never a good plan. An occasional grumble about another forum I can tolerate.

I've been known to disagree with some of the forum heavies here, which is always hazardous, but then again, they often disagree with each other.

Of course, I don't read every post or every sub-forum either. I stay out of the politics discussions. Well mostly.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I can't imagine trying to get going w/o the help I had here ,but I remeber getting hammered w/"read the stickies then ask again" which frankly I thought was course as I'd spent several hours several Saturdays before asking that same stupid question again. That particular rifle continued to raise hello w/me for another year. At that point I had mastered 38/357 ,9mm and 2 06s. I got beat up for asking about that 1 over and over,I did finally make it work . In the end it was a simple fix for a complex problem.

I've also talked to lots of people whom were really turned off by the responces they had including the famous "read the stickies","get a load manual,read it." etc. Seems like lately more and more folks are just plain cranky. The politics in the air don't help.

I bet I'm on a bunch of ignore menus.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Just use the ignore button. To try to make any kind of come back merely brings you down to their level.
    Was going to ask WHAT ignore button, but found it in the FAQ!

Banned

cmon you guy's stop putting me on ignore, sometimes I do have something I type make sense.
    maybe just to me myself self whichever.

I just move along and let them argue with themselves.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have a very short ignore list. I chose to read what I want and do with it as I see fit.

Is there a way to see who has me on their ignore lost?

As for noobs and trolls, they are just a passing fad. ignore them and they tend to go away. Just don't feed the trolls.

Love Life
    I only used my ignore option briefly. The funny part is that I still wanted to read what the person I put on ignore was posting!!!

So my ignore list remains empty. There is to much knowledge and to many good things to read on this forum for me to build a long ignore list. I wonder if Recluse has the longest ignore list? Or if Bret did.

Ahhh good times. This will pass.

Boolit Master

There's only one person here that I ever seriously considered putting on my ignore list.

I'm glad I didn't, I have really come to respect his opinion on most things.

And yeah, he's posted on this thread...

Brandon
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

I think my Wife has me on her ignore list!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by km101 View Post
    Yep, when you reply that makes their day! They now have someone to "hassle" and that was their intent all along. In the thread mentioned above, the trolls kept nit-picking and mis-interpreting what was said 'till everyone eventually got tired of trying to explain. They were in their element and really seemed to enjoy bashing anyone who replied.

If you ignore them they wont come!
    What you say is absolutely true, but I disagree very much with the principle of having to put up with them. Who 'They' are is usually quite obvious. If several good an respected members here are compelled, indeed recommended by staff to put a particular member on "ignore", the time is far past already for that errant member to have received some personal corrective communications or just flat sent packing. Enough is enough, some things shouldn't HAVE to be ignored.

Gear

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
    There's only one person here that I ever seriously considered putting on my ignore list.

I'm glad I didn't, I have really come to respect his opinion on most things.

And yeah, he's posted on this thread...

Brandon
    Well, thank you, Brandon! Very kind of you to say! Just kidding. Couldn't resist.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Master

There has got to be a function where you can look at a persons profile (and your own) and see how many ignore lists have been earned...

That would be very entertaining.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Master

I have never put anyone on my ignore list.
    I can make choices about which threads to read......dale

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Quote Originally Posted by x101airborne View Post
    Well, thank you, Brandon! Very kind of you to say! Just kidding. Couldn't resist.
    Come on x101airborne, you know that you have a solid place in this community. Just don't run outta wild piggies to shoot
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Boolit Mold
    I have a friend that told me about this form when I told him I was looking into reloading. I can't thank him enough! I have gathered 10x the information that I had a few months ago. I just wanted to say thanks for the family friendly environment. Please don't ignore all of us noobs! I have yet to come up with a question that I haven't been able to find, thats already been answered yet. I now am waiting on reloading equipment to come in and I am working on my casting equipment list. Thanks agian!

Noob aka BigJohn

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    First, I will give WILCO A HUGE THUMBS UP. 100% in agreement. Now for my second thought.
    Harter66, If you are upset with being advised to read the stickies and to read the book, I think you are referring to the best gift this forum could of been given. The book by Glenn Fryxell and Ron Applegate. This book could of been published and put some heavy funds into their pockets but they love this site and offered it free of charge. That is something that has to be respected.
    There are two types of criticism and I feel you have never had the one that makes a person understand how to find things out and how to redo certain things. You have the basic Criticism and then you have CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. When we have a teacher in school tell us that information may be found in the library does that mean she is lazy, not kind, does not care, refuses to help others? It means that she has answered that question over and over and it would benefit the student to do some research one their own. This type of criticism is not meant to belittle or put you down. It is given to help you learn.
    Go to the lube section and see how some newbies have been giving advice to forum members on how to do all things with black powder and then ask which is the best lube to make for black powder.
    Another lube question that comes up every week is I shoot my own cast bullets and I need to know which one to use for my rifle loads. The stickies have 200 or more lubes, how to make and how to use them. I don't agree with your posting that telling someone to look in the stickies is wrong. Later David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Mold
    Hey Cajun Shooter, right on!!
    I've been reloading and casting for about thirty years or so. Even when I started, information was available but usually required a few options:
    1. long distance phone charges
    2. postage
    3. gasoline
    4. shoe leather
    So, when someone advises you to read the stickies, understand they may come from a time when instant answers weren't always available on a
    desktop, laptop, or your phone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast