Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, it was bound to happen. With the influx of new folks.........

Thumbs down Well, it was bound to happen. With the influx of new folks.........

I'm seeing some "Trolls" and "Know it Alls" in the forums. Hope the Mods shut them down, as it takes away the "Family" feeling I enjoy here.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

As I have never,and have no intention of playing the politically correct game,I tend to agree .I noticed too, some folks looking to "learn stuff" almost when it is too late(?).Classification:same as all the people who are buying up all the ammo and reloading equipment,hoping to cash in and make a quick dime.We have a sale paper here locally,The Peddler,always ammo for sale,and seems they have lots of too. I really hope they get stuck with it.Maybe I should mind my own business,it's hard sometimes though.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Buddy
    Yeh, it is making it hard for me to get into this hobby! I took the casting class in MA back three or so yrs ago then scored cancer which set me back a bit. All set now and have a good supply of lead built up, but can't find or can't afford some of the rest of the stuff. Plus once i get bullets cast, the damn powder and primers are gone or too expensive! Grrrr...

Yeh, i hope these price gougers get screwed hardcore!

Boolit Bub
    I agree Wilco, I have seen this another forum, the family feeling is quickly leaving. But there is some really good folks on here.

What I noticed the other day. Someone was having an issue with a retailer, and explaining their side of what happened. The retailer registers with the forum, explains their side of the story. How they knew to do that, I am not sure. Then there are others who chime in, one side, or the other, who are new. Like having 1 or 2 posts, and somehow just registered too! Makes me wonder how many of them are "here", and how many register just to flap their yap on the one topic, and will never be seen again. Or worse, put up by someone to post here, thinking that the folks that live on this site will not notice their join date/post count when replying. Not that having a low count is a bad thing. Everyone starts out at one, and a high number only means that you have an opinion and type a lot. But in some cases, it looks fishy.

Moderator Emeritus

I'll never understand trolls... Are they so weak and powerless in their day to day life that they can only feel "important" by annoying and trolling people online? Away from physical consequences and behind the safety of a keyboard.
    Here's what will help us all, if you see intentional trolling send us a report, if we see a pattern of behaviour that doesn't belong here, they will be removed. If there's one thing I like more than hammering spammers, it's hammering trolls.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Buddy
    you can fix anything with a hammer

I think it will blow over, a lot of PO'ed liberal progressives have nothing better to do right now than troll and snivel on firearm related websites. They will find a new cause hopefully...
    "These are not hi-capacity magazines, these are standard capacity magazines. High capacity is belt fed from the can."

Boolit Master
    "If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning, I'd hammer in the evening, all over this land..."

Scott

Boolit Master
    Good advice given already, but I type a lot and have an opinion, so here it is.
    Report intentional trolling and rude behavior to the mods.
    Freely use the "ignore" button.
    Call people out on their behavior. A simple "That may have been a little harsh" is respectful and gets the point out there.
    I have seen this also and know the thread refered to already and it was "a little harsh" at times. I was not a fan.
    Have a little patience, Gents. We all have to get through this together. People will come and go. Eventually the odd ones will be weeded out.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Grand Master

I thought it was just me, I have noticed some odd posts lately. I like the new folks, just wish some weren't having such a hard time getting started. Some of the newbies also seem to be experienced casters. Cool! I'm fairly new around here myself but have learned an amazing amount in my time here. Main thing I've learned is there is so much more to learn. Trolls can be fun to toy with but in the end they're just folks with miserable lives trying to bring others down with them.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

I lurked around this forum for a long time before joining (maybe a year or more) while gleaning info about casting & reloading. I would do an Internet search for something and this site kept coming up and I kept coming back. There is a camaraderie here that I didn't see on other sites thus the reason I joined (only forum I have joined). There are great personalities here but I haven't run across any 'jerks' as I have seen so often on other forums. I do think the trollers will be short lived and those that care and contribute in a positive and friendly way will endure. I appreciate cast boolits and it's members.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    I'm seeing some "Trolls" and "Know it Alls" in the forums. Hope the Mods shut them down, as it takes away the "Family" feeling I enjoy here.
    +1000

Quite honestly, I think that once you register for this site, you should have a waiting period before you can post (similar to sales & swapping), except that I'd opt for making new members wait at least six months before they can post the usual "can I fire non-gas checked boolits" and "can I tumble-lube non TL-grooved boolits."

But even more importantly, in that six months (a year, even, might not be bad) waiting time, HOPEFULLY the new members will read and begin to appreciate the personality, tone, values and the way we are at Cast Boolits and when they DO begin posting, will do so with the appropriate respect for each other.

I lurked for several years, going way back to the Shooter.com days before I even registered. I met folks who were on that forum, and then the (now) Cast Boolits, in real life and swapped questions and ideas and stories about shooting and reloading and casting.

Small towns are known for being friendly, open and honest. The bigger towns are known for being unfriendly, hostile cesspools. Let's not get TOO big. . .

In the meantime, my Ignore List grew quite a bit after reading the Third Generation Shooters thread. I got rooked over by this outfit as well, and what's more, still have not received my money back. I'm confident I will just as I'm confident I'll probably not try to do any more business with them.

But the issue is how Olevern got slammed by a few of our newer members who have no idea who Vern is, what his situation is, etc etc.

It's a perfect illustration why we should enact strong Immigration Reform & Control here at Cast Boolits, USA, because now the riff-raff is starting to come in and bring their riff-raff ways.

WILCO, you're dead-on 100% correct in your observations.

It's been said by some members here that it's the members that make this site what it is and that's true! Even we mods are members of this forum and we all have to work at keeping this site what it is. Yes there's members that can be a real pain at times but usually just a nudge gets them back inline. And even the trolls seem to become infected after a time here with integrity and honesty. So give people some time to come around. steve k
    Moderating is a responsibility not a privilege, abuse your power and you lose, no matter how powerful you may think you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    WILCO, you're dead-on 100% correct in your observations.
    Thank you Sir!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

Just use the ignore button. To try to make any kind of come back merely brings you down to their level.
    Facta non verba

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Just use the ignore button. To try to make any kind of come back merely brings you down to their level.

Yep, when you reply that makes their day! They now have someone to "hassle" and that was their intent all along. In the thread mentioned above, the trolls kept nit-picking and mis-interpreting what was said 'till everyone eventually got tired of trying to explain. They were in their element and really seemed to enjoy bashing anyone who replied.

If you ignore them they wont come!
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by km101 View Post
    Yep, when you reply that makes their day! They now have someone to "hassle" and that was their intent all along. In the thread mentioned above, the trolls kept nit-picking and mis-interpreting what was said 'till everyone eventually got tired of trying to explain. They were in their element and really seemed to enjoy bashing anyone who replied.

If you ignore them they wont come!
    How well you said that, thank you very much.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 00buck View Post
    you can fix anything with a hammer
    If a small hammer fails to fix it, a bigger hammer will always work better...

As for the newbies posting a complaint about a product or company - that may well be advertising in the form of trolling. Bad publicity to get attention and then good publicity from satisfied customers. Seen it happen on a couple of other forums where a "loyal employee" has "raised an issue" and the company got free testimonials and more business.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    I also spent time lurking and reading before joining. Advice to Newbies, read a lot before you open mouth and insert foot.

Reminder to all the little red triangle in the lower left corner of a post is there to report it to those in charge.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast